Saturday, July 30, 2011

Missing Ma and Pa


I feel so lucky that my parents are still around.  And I remind myself often that I should make the most of our time together because one day they won't be around for me.

But I don't always do what I must.  I don't always call them when I have the opportunity. I used to call them every Sunday, but now I often forget.  When they were here visiting, I probably spent more time in front of the computer than hanging out with them doing nothing else but have a conversation.  And it's only after they leave that I'd feel I should have done more.

I just miss them today--for no particular reason.  I miss the sound of their voice, my mom's cooking, my dad's smell and the sight of them both in the backyard nurturing the plants, enjoying the sun and whatever little warmth it brings in a chilly early morning.

And I wish they were here with me right at this very moment.

4 comments:

konsuy July 30, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

i am sure they miss you too liz. they love you very much and the grandchildren pud.

i can't help but feel the same way about my own parents. i wish i am able to call them more often pero usahay ma last priority kay there is this nagging thought that they will always understand. =) bad kaayo ko.

Liza August 1, 2011 at 1:02 AM  

konsuy said...
i can't help but feel the same way about my own parents. i wish i am able to call them more often pero usahay ma last priority kay there is this nagging thought that they will always understand. =) bad kaayo ko.


Mao sad ko, Chi! I know nga makasabot ra sila kung dili mi katawag, but I have to do better at checking in on them. They more than deserve it.

Cindy August 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

i feel you liz... *hugs* ...

Liza August 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

Cindy said...
i feel you liz... *hugs* ...


Thank you, Cindy!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP