Thursday, March 1, 2012

Anything Chicken

Chicken Pot Pie. I like this fresh from the oven when it's cold or rainy.

This is why it is so difficult to do what I said I would do in my previous blog.  I love food too much, especially chicken. Anything chicken. No matter how it's cooked.

When I was little, my dad would tease me and call me "mura'g nawong ug manok" (looks like chicken). Because chicken was my favorite and it still is. Whenever we had chicken, I would eat plenty. But I would eat very slowly so that when everybody else finished their share, I would still have some left to enjoy.

Buttermilk fried chicken. This photo was from months ago. I didn't make them recently but I wish I did.

To me, the best way to prepare chicken is crispy fried, lightly breaded. I like it when the skin is super crispy and the meat is so tender and juicy. And I like it best when it is still smoking hot. When it gets cold, it is not as good anymore. Hot, crispy fried chicken is my ultimate comfort food.

What about yours?  What is your ultimate comfort food?

6 comments:

Mommy Blogs March 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM  

I love chicken too! I guess my comfort food would be spaghetti with meat sauce. Ambot ug ngano hehehe! I just need to eat it once a week ;-)

konsuy March 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM  

comfort food for me is sardinas gyud. it reminds me of sikatuna, the street where i grew up. sentimental kaayo. =)
but any food you cook liz, will be very comforting. photo pa lang gani, maka gutom na.

Carole March 21, 2012 at 12:53 AM  

If you like chicken, you might like my take on Sichuan chicken. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/my-take-on-sichuan-chicken.html

Liza April 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM  

Mommy Blogs said...
I love chicken too! I guess my comfort food would be spaghetti with meat sauce. Ambot ug ngano hehehe! I just need to eat it once a week ;-)


Pareha mo sa akong brother, T! He really likes Spaghetti with meatballs, since he was a little boy pa! Ako, chicken gyud! Hehehe

Liza April 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM  

konsuy said...
comfort food for me is sardinas gyud. it reminds me of sikatuna, the street where i grew up. sentimental kaayo. =)
but any food you cook liz, will be very comforting. photo pa lang gani, maka gutom na.


That is so kind of you, Chi! I'd like to think that my food tastes good because I put so much love and effort into it. Hehehe! Hope I can cook for you again someday.

Liza April 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM  

Carole said...
If you like chicken, you might like my take on Sichuan chicken. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/03/my-take-on-sichuan-chicken.html


Carole, thank you! I will definitely try your recipe one day. Thanks for sharing and for dropping by my blog!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP