Monday, December 21, 2009

I just had to...


...cut his hair! It was a much-needed haircut!


Everyone in my family is telling me to wait until Lucas turns one-year old before cutting his hair. It's a superstition! Some folks believe that when we cut baby's hair before they turn one, they will go bald at some point. Some say they will become stupid ("maka-bugo" kuno).

So where do I stand on superstitious beliefs? I am old-fashioned when it comes to this and I believe in superstition. I observe them ONLY IF I can help it, only if believing doesn't do any harm. But when it is no longer convenient and when harm starts creeping in, I have to let go of my beliefs and do what I think is right.

So today, Lucas had his first haircut! And although his head now looks like a coconut husk (I did an awful job cutting his hair--I should have just left the job to the pros), he's a happy kid! I think the shorter hair made him feel a lot better--no more hair covering his eyes and tickling him inside the ears. I noticed him rub his eyes and scratch his ears less! I think I made the right decision--of giving him a haircut! Of doing it myself? That I'm not so sure!

10 comments:

Shutterfairy December 21, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

hahahhaha.. how cute. did you save Lucas's hair? for his baby album.. first haircut

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography December 21, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

you did cutting lucas hair? wow, good job mommy liz... how'd you keep him still?

well, he still looks awfully cute... handsome kaayo si bb lucas!!!

konsuy December 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

good job, mommy liz.
mom knows best and it was an excellent choice to do it yourself.

JoPiE December 22, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

i'm all for your decision of not waiting one year before cutting baby's hair. i cut baby benjamin's hair when he was barely a month old. lucas looks so cute! you gotta let us see a photo of him with his hair dry, hehe. :-)

Liza December 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Mai.Mai said...

hahahhaha.. how cute. did you save Lucas's hair? for his baby album.. first haircut

Yes, Mai! I saved his hair! I'm going to put it in the scrapbook. :-)

Liza December 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Cindy said...
you did cutting lucas hair? wow, good job mommy liz... how'd you keep him still?

I couldn't that's why his haircut is so awful. It doesn't look that bad here in the photo but when it dried, it looked horrible! He sat still for a little bit and started moving a lot later. He would keep looking at the scissors in my hand, so it was really hard!

Liza December 22, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

konsuy said...
good job, mommy liz.
mom knows best and it was an excellent choice to do it yourself.

I thought of bringing him to the barber, Chi pero hadlok ko. What if maglihok cya and masamad cya sa scissors? Caring for customers is unlike caring for your own kid!

Liza December 22, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

JoPiE said...
i'm all for your decision of not waiting one year before cutting baby's hair. i cut baby benjamin's hair when he was barely a month old. lucas looks so cute! you gotta let us see a photo of him with his hair dry, hehe. :-)

Hahaha! Makatawa jud ka, cuz! Funny kaayo tan-awon iyang buhok. Wala gatupong! Yeah, you did tell me you cut Benjamin's hair. I was surprised kay sayo pa man kaayo. But I think it's better to cut early kay di pa lihukan kaayo!

From Our Kitchen To Yours! December 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Cute man! Bitaw uy lisod kaayo if samok ang hair sa bata....

Liza December 24, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

From Our Kitchen To Yours! said...
Cute man! Bitaw uy lisod kaayo if samok ang hair sa bata....

Tiris, gusto na nako cya upawan!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP