Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Unexpected Kindness


I had a long day at work--it's one of those days that didn't start right and one that I didn't expect to end well.  But I never take work-related anxiety home, at least I try not to.  Home is my retreat!

But what really turned things around today was a little surprise from Lynette.  Among the mails today, I got a set of postcards and a photo of little Christina with thoughtful little notes on each of them.  I have not been receiving postcards in ages, until Lynette started sending me some a couple of months ago.  It is comforting to know that despite the rapid evolution of the internet that allows people to send messages quickly and more conveniently, someone out there still takes the time and energy to lovingly scribble her thoughts.

And Lynette?  Of all people, it's Lynette!  Didn't she just had a baby?!  I guess it's not her thoughtfulness that's unexpected.  For the little time that I've known her, I realized how much she cares about other people--about her friends, some of whom she hasn't even met.  But with a new baby and a growing family, I'm sure she has her hands full, yet she still takes the time to write.

Dear Lynette, I am sure you've done the same to your many friends but I just want to let you know how deeply moved I am to be receiving such kindness from you.  Your notes made me smile and I'm going to keep smiling everytime I see them.  If you ever find yourself in my side of the country, please do let me know.  I will do the same.  I hope to meet you someday and give you my biggest hugs!  ~Liza

***

Photo:  An old photo.  One of the roses that my dad planted in our backyard.
Glimpse:  Reminds me of how my dad lovingly nurtured these flowers, watering them morning and afternoon, especially on warmer days.  Some things people do without knowing how much it matters to other people.  But to some, they actually do matter.

10 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography June 29, 2010 at 7:00 PM  

heartwarming entry liz... makes me smile =)

thank you for sharing...

konsuy June 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

lynette is the sweetest. i don't know how she can do that. some people are born nice and we are lucky to have known her.

Aileen June 30, 2010 at 6:03 AM  

I agree with Chichi. Lynette is the very sweet and thoughtful. Consistent at that. And yes, we are quite lucky to have her.

Lovely photo, Liz!

Liza June 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Cindy said...
heartwarming entry liz... makes me smile =)

thank you for sharing...


Thanks Cinds! Good friends are a blessing!

Liza June 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

konsuy said...
lynette is the sweetest. i don't know how she can do that. some people are born nice and we are lucky to have known her.


We are lucky, Chi!

Liza June 30, 2010 at 3:56 PM  

Aileen said...
I agree with Chichi. Lynette is the very sweet and thoughtful. Consistent at that. And yes, we are quite lucky to have her.

Lovely photo, Liz!


I agree, Ai! I'm lucky to have known Lynette. Sometimes I don't think I deserve it--to be afforded such kindness. A lot of people who knew me then (especially former classmates) think nga maldita kuno ko, so a lot of them are not really very nice to me.

Thanks also for liking my photo! It flatters me when you like them kay idol jud tika!

Shutterfairy June 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

She is superwoman..

Liza June 30, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

mai said...
She is superwoman..


She is indeed, Mai!

Lynette July 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

Oh my gulay....gikumot akong dughan from this post and the sweetest responses. BIG TIME. shocks!

Honestly, it's suuper nice to know that it means something to someone like you. What an honor! At least it didn't go unnoticed. Thank you Liz. For knowing how to appreciate the little things in life.

Do have a safe trip. *hugs*

JoPiE July 16, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Lynette is one of those beautiful people, Liz. She really is.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP