Monday, February 21, 2011

Homemaking and Lucas


This past weekend was all about homemaking.  It was about staying in, cleaning and tidying up the house especially our bedroom--the very part that's been most neglected. And the living room--one that looked like it was hit by a tornado with Lucas' toys and books scattered all over the place.

I never liked cleaning.  I would rather do every other task in the house than clean.  But I can't stand a dirty house either, especially when there is a baby in it. Hence, cleaning no longer becomes a matter of choice. It is something I have to do, unless I am willing to pay for cleaners.

I did a lot of cooking over the weekend too. In fact, I think I cooked way too much food. This is what happens after I go grocery shopping. I get so many ideas of what to cook when I'm in the store so I buy a lot. When I get home, I couldn't decide which one to make first so I sometimes end up making all of them.  But that's ok, we seldom waste food because we eat our leftovers and I sometimes make a new dish out of them--like this turkey noodle soup shown here, which I made out of leftover turkey from dinner a couple of nights ago. I paired it with some ciabatta baguette for a light, delicious lunch.

Today--the last day of my long weekend, I did nothing but play with Lucas. I was so looking forward to another alone time with him. We both had a grand time. I showed him how to play with jigsaw puzzles and he was cheering me on while I tried to put together the pieces. Sometimes he would hide a piece, in the trunk of his toy car or in between the pages of his book or in pockets and slits of his other toys. I pretended not to see when and where he hid the pieces but I'd say "Oh no! I am missing a piece. Did you see it, Lucas?" He would start giggling as he unhides the pieces and brings them over to me. It was fun!

Lucas also napped for four hours today so I got to have some "me" time, which I spent watching a movie, checking my emails and cooking some more.

This was the weekend that I had hoped for.  No work, no parties, no big plans. Weekends as good as this make me want to just stay home and be a full-time homemaker, wife and mom. Then again, this isn't always the case. I know days aren't always lovely, quiet and relaxing. Lucas isn't always this playful. He can also be troublesome, difficult and fussy! And I hate to admit, but there are days too when I would rather just be at work. And I am thankful that there is that side of the equation that keeps things in almost perfect balance.

Because at the end of the day, to me, balance is what it takes to keep me happy. :-)


6 comments:

konsuy February 22, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

lucas is such an adorable kid, so amazing for his age. love that your weekend was wonderful, just like you want it. may you have many more weekends like this. have another baby liz, you and charles are great parents.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography February 22, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

don't you feel comfortable and peaceful when you do what you love doing... enjoy these moments liz =)

Liza February 22, 2011 at 10:28 PM  

konsuy said...
lucas is such an adorable kid, so amazing for his age. love that your weekend was wonderful, just like you want it. may you have many more weekends like this. have another baby liz, you and charles are great parents.


That'll come, Chi! Hopefully when we're ready. :-)

Liza February 22, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

Cindy said...
don't you feel comfortable and peaceful when you do what you love doing... enjoy these moments liz =)


I do, Cinds! It's great to be able to relax once in a while and just have an entire weekend doing what we love to do. :-)

JoPiE February 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

WEEEH, sounds like a wonderful weekend! your food shots are amazing, cuz! that soup looks delish! yes, days aren't always lovely, as i've come to find out. so you're lucky you get to go to the other side. :D

wishing you more weekends like this, cuz! :D

Liza February 24, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

JoPiE said...
WEEEH, sounds like a wonderful weekend! your food shots are amazing, cuz! that soup looks delish! yes, days aren't always lovely, as i've come to find out. so you're lucky you get to go to the other side. :D


Hi Cuz! I think my food photos are pretty average. Hit or miss ra gyud. Your's are really good! I like them--especially those cupcakes and other sweets!

Cuz, I think our boys are entering another chapter soon--school. I wonder how that will be. I wonder if it will be more or less demanding of our time. I don't know if I'll need to change jobs to spend more time with him or if I can spend more time at work because he's in school. I think it's the former, but we'll see. I hope it won't be that big of a change.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP