Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Dancing!


It's been 5 weeks since this blog, but until now I haven't done much progress on my resolution for a healthy  lifestyle.  I've made a lot of changes to my eating habits--mostly reducing the amount of food I take, sometimes starving myself and so far, it has been making me miserable!

You see, I love food!  I love to cook and I love to eat!  Food is my comfort.  Food makes me happy and so eating less is, to me, is a little more than just sacrifice.  It would be torment!

So instead of starving myself, I decided to do a lot more exercise.  As one of my colleagues said, "it's not about eating less, it's about doing more!"  I bet he's right!

Honestly though, I don't enjoy the usual forms of exercise.  I hate running!  I don't like going to the gym.  I sometimes do Pilates at home, but only when I really force myself to do it.  Hence, the word "sometimes".

I love sports but it's probably the hardest to commit to.  And with sports, you often have to engage other people.  So I thought...dancing!  I love dancing and this is probably the only form of exercise that I can commit myself into because I know I will enjoy doing it.

So I started dancing this weekend.  I enrolled myself to a few dancing classes--Brazilian Samba on Tuesdays, Salsa on Saturdays, Zumba and Latin Aerobics on Sundays.  You can tell I love Latin dances--they're my favorite!

Salsa was great yesterday and so was Zumba today.  But so far, I liked Latin Aerobics the most--it's like a combination of Zumba and Yoga.  There's a lot of stretching and walking involved, and tons of hip action.

I hope I can follow through with this.  I think I can commit myself to something I enjoy doing.  And hopefully, someday, I can shed all those unwanted pounds and really get myself back into shape!

_____________

Photo:  Not a dancing shoes--just one of my favorite pairs.  

10 comments:

Shutterfairy February 22, 2010 at 4:27 AM  

Hoooorraay to dancing Liz.

I do run, but every time I run I think about Yoga.. many times I've had a series of conversations with myself between doing running/walking and yoga. My heart is for yoga.

I like slow powerful movements..

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography February 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

good for you liz... keep it up!

[in my end i am scouting for gym with yoga classes, i need some help with my back pains *** age related, LOL]

konsuy February 22, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

yehey. pareha ta. dancing is for me.
it's a great fun way to loose weight. enjoy pa gyud.
go go go liza. love the shoes.

Liza February 22, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

Mai.Mai said...

...My heart is for yoga.
I like slow powerful movements..


I think Yoga is really great! I admire people who can commit to it. I don't think it's for me though, I tried it with a DVD and it didn't work for me. I have to try it with a group--maybe that will make a difference.

Liza February 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM  

Cindy said...
good for you liz... keep it up!

[in my end i am scouting for gym with yoga classes, i need some help with my back pains *** age related, LOL]


YOu're not alone, Cinds! I'm having back pains too! Hope you'll find that Yoga class that you will like!

Liza February 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM  

konsuy said...

yehey. pareha ta. dancing is for me.
it's a great fun way to loose weight. enjoy pa gyud.
go go go liza. love the shoes.


Chi, inspired baya ko nimo! I keep telling myself, "kung kaya ni Chichi, why can't I?" We're both working and we both have families. Duha gani imo kids, ako usa lang! I can do this! :-)

konsuy February 22, 2010 at 7:39 PM  

nagbasul gyud ko why i didn't do this earlier. i could have not reached to my gigantic size. =(

glad you are doing this, liz. maayo gyud na ang fit kay para dili masakit dayon. you need to be healthy and sexy para ready na pud sa 2nd baby. =) yehey

Aileen February 22, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Latin dances are really sexy. So happy for you Liz! :)

There's joy in dancing. :)

Liza February 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM  

konsuy said...
nagbasul gyud ko why i didn't do this earlier. i could have not reached to my gigantic size. =(


Dili ka gigantic uy! Sobra na sad ka!

glad you are doing this, liz. maayo gyud na ang fit kay para dili masakit dayon. you need to be healthy and sexy para ready na pud sa 2nd baby. =) yehey

Yeah, I want to look good Chi! But more importantly, I want to FEEL good! I don't feel good when I'm heavy. The good thing is Charles seems very supportive. He gave me a back massage after getting so sore from all the dancing! Hehehe...

Liza February 23, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Aileen said...
Latin dances are really sexy. So happy for you Liz! :)

There's joy in dancing. :)


I am indeed enjoying it so much, Ai! I get excited when it's a class day. Like Chichi, I wish I had started doing this a long time ago!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP