Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Resolution



I normally don't do New Year's resolutions because I just end up getting disappointed when I fail to achieve it.  But this year, I need to make one resolution and I need the discipline to follow through.

I need to re-establish a routine!  Since I had Lucas I have not been eating and living healthy.  I have not been exercising and I am eating like a pig.  Last weekend, we went for a Sunday brunch buffet and I had at least five platefuls--trying pretty much everything in the menu!

My eating habits started changing when I got pregnant, as it normally would.  And I ate even more when I was breastfeeding.  But it's been two months since I stopped breastfeeding, yet I'm still eating the same amount and I am now seeing the outcome of it.  After 8 weeks of giving birth, I went back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but now I've gained some of the pounds back!

My worry isn't so much about how I look--how we look depends on how we dress and carry ourselves, not on how small or big we are.  But it's more about how I feel.  I feel heavy, weak and always exhausted even when not doing much.  And when my energy level is this low, it affects my behavior, my mood and my way of thinking.  Lately, I've had some difficulty getting focused at work.  And at home, I get irate pretty easily.  I've also been getting sick quite often.

So it's time to start re-establishing my routine.  I need to recharge.  I need to start exercising again and eating healthy.  I need to get more sleep (I'll start tomorrow because it's already 2am and I'm still here blogging), and I need to take multi-vitamins again, speaking of which I need to throw away a bottle of expired Centrum and get myself a new one.

The goal:  to maintain a weight of 120-125 pounds and get toned.  And the work starts now...

10 comments:

Lynette January 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

It's rather difficult to focus on your blog, when you have this dessert here! Hehe! I'm a big sucker for sweets. =)

You made this?

konsuy January 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

go girl! kaya na nimo. lately, i have been slacking too. and i don't have any excuse at all. =)

JoPiE January 18, 2010 at 3:04 PM  

cuz, i started exercising last week... and then ning-stop na sad. gi-tapul. esp when 2 mins into my pilates video, benjamin cries. what to do, what to do? hehehe.

photosandmemos January 18, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

this is so inspiring Liz...you are right, its routine ater all, our eating habits...i might just join you on that...=)
*hugs*, kaya na nimo...coz i remember, you are originally a slim person, ou can easily lose that extra weight youve gained after pregnancy..

Liza January 26, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Lynette said...
It's rather difficult to focus on your blog, when you have this dessert here! Hehe! I'm a big sucker for sweets. =)

You made this?


Hi Nette! I wish I made this, but no I didn't. This was one of the yummy pastries I had at a brunch buffet.

Liza January 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM  

konsuy said...
go girl! kaya na nimo. lately, i have been slacking too. and i don't have any excuse at all. =)


How do you make time to work out, Chi? I work all day and when I get home, I'm so tired and there's not even enough time to cook dinner, eat dinner, bathe Lucas, play with him and put him to sleep. By the time I finish all these, it's time to go to sleep nasad! I can't even watch TV and blog anymore! Haayy...I wish there were more hours in a day! How do you, parents do it?!?!

Liza January 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM  

JoPiE said...
cuz, i started exercising last week... and then ning-stop na sad. gi-tapul. esp when 2 mins into my pilates video, benjamin cries. what to do, what to do? hehehe.


I know! It's really hard! Maayo ra ko sa plano! I started exercising too, but since I traveled I haven't been able to exercise. It's been two weeks now since I last did it. Ka-lisud gyud uy! Unsaon nalang...

Liza January 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

photosandmemos said...
this is so inspiring Liz...you are right, its routine ater all, our eating habits...i might just join you on that...=)
*hugs*, kaya na nimo...coz i remember, you are originally a slim person, ou can easily lose that extra weight youve gained after pregnancy..


Hi Chel! I'm glad that I at least inspired you to do the same. Yes, it's all about establishing a routine and living by it. The only problem is, I have not been able to follow the routine. Food for me is my stress reliever. When I'm tired, I feel better when I eat a lot, and then I feel tired again, and the cycle continues! :-(

Lynette January 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

"I wish there were more hours in a day! How do you, parents do it?!?!"

**

I wake up a whole lot early. I bake a lot (so I can do other things). Crockpot (inig abot, luto na. Yay)!! That's a lifesaver for me. I have roomba too! To help me keep up with the sweeping. Ma program man. =)

Liza January 28, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

I wake up a whole lot early. I bake a lot (so I can do other things). Crockpot (inig abot, luto na. Yay)!! That's a lifesaver for me. I have roomba too! To help me keep up with the sweeping. Ma program man. =)

Hala, maayuha man nimo Nette! I can't wake up early 'coz we go to bed very late (part of that is because there's just so many things to do). I do bake a lot too, but it's really the preparation that takes the most time, don't you agree? I have a crockpot but only uses it occasionally. The roomba didn't work for us so we returned it. We have a very small house and so much stuff, it drove the roomba crazy when it kept bumping into something! Geezz, listen to me! I'm making so many excuses! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP