Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Unexpected



I am one of those who anticipate things.  I prefer to know ahead, to foresee what's to come and be prepared for it.  Not knowing makes me uneasy, despite knowing that there are things we can never predict.

But sometimes good things come.  And the more unexpected they are, the more meaningful they become.

Today, I received something unexpected.  A nice surprise from somebody who was moved by an act of mine -- an act that I never thought mattered much to anyone.

But to this person, it made a huge effect and she made certain it will not go unrecognized.

To me, it's just one of those things that maybe I do deserve but never saw coming.  Nonetheless, the unexpected nature of the reward was what made it very special.

This person may never have the chance to read my blog, but I hope she knows that deep in my heart, I am truly grateful!

***

Photo:  One fine afternoon at San Francisco Bay (this photo reminds me of a scene from the movie City of Angels)

10 comments:

Aileen April 13, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

It's truly wonderful when people recognize the things we do. I'm happy for you, Liz. Whatever it was, I know you deserved it. And even though I haven't met you in person yet, your thoughts reflect a beautiful soul. :)

PS. I do understand the OC-ness of anticipating things. I'm the same way. But sometimes, it really is nice to let life surprise us. :)

Aileen April 13, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

PS2: I sooo love the photo!

Lynette April 13, 2010 at 5:30 AM  

*tight hugs* I do know that I am thankful. Hopefully, you got my note. Mwah!

Shutterfairy April 13, 2010 at 6:31 AM  

I love the photo Liz.

and the thoughts too.

konsuy April 13, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

i so love this photo. when you are happy, your photos are beautiful too. =)
you deserve all the kindness back. so happy for you and i hope the beautiful surprises keep coming.

Liza April 14, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Aileen said...
It's truly wonderful when people recognize the things we do. I'm happy for you, Liz. Whatever it was, I know you deserved it. And even though I haven't met you in person yet, your thoughts reflect a beautiful soul. :)


Thank you, Ai! I am very moved by this comment.

Liza April 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

Aileen said...
PS2: I sooo love the photo!


Oh, and thank you again so much! It was so sunny when I took the photo, so I didn't think it would come out nice. But with help from PS, I think it worked!

Liza April 14, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

Lynette said...
*tight hugs* I do know that I am thankful. Hopefully, you got my note. Mwah!


Hey Nette! Yes, yes, yes! I got your note and so much more! You have no idea how happy you made me. I just got your email address from Tiris. Emailing you right now. :-)

Liza April 14, 2010 at 6:35 PM  

mai said...
I love the photo Liz.

and the thoughts too.


Thank you, Mai! I'm just happy I'm sharing my thoughts with you again :-)

Liza April 14, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

konsuy said...
i so love this photo. when you are happy, your photos are beautiful too. =)
you deserve all the kindness back. so happy for you and i hope the beautiful surprises keep coming.


You are always so kind, Chi! Salamat kaayo!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP