Friday, October 8, 2010

My Dearest...


... Charles,

When I was a little girl, I played "bahay-bahay" a lot, and I had a lot of dreams.

On my birthday, I would ask my grandma for a miniature cooking set and a small corner in the dirty kitchen where I would play cook.  I pretended to be a mom cooking and serving dinner for my family.  I had a dirty little doll that I would bathe and change.  And at night, I would sleep hugging my pillow pretending to be a wife sleeping in the comfort of my husband's arm.

I imagined a husband--a man who is tall, dark and handsome (at least I got one of these☺), a man who is a good provider and protector, and one who is smart, brave and strong.  And I imagined someone who adores me, holds me in a pedestal, and everyday looks at me as if I was the most beautiful woman in the world!

Someone told me that I was dreaming of a silly fairy tale.  Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't.

But when I got older, I realized that we can never dream of everything.

I didn't dream of walking through airport security with a heavy luggage in one hand and a screaming toddler in another.
I didn't dream of sitting in a restaurant with a little guy next to me throwing food and water bottle on the floor (and on me).
I didn't dream of working 10 hours a day, sometimes more, and going home only to find myself cooking, feeding the baby, bathing him and putting him to sleep, instead of relaxing and watching TV.

But these things have to be.  Because some things need to be experienced so we can all appreciate life. 

When I was a little girl someone did tell me I was dreaming of a silly fairy tale, but little did I know that in twenty-five years or so, this silly fairy tale of a young, naive little girl would actually turn out to be something I'd call "my life".

Yes, I am living the life I had dreamed of!

Because although you are short and pale, you are the man in my dreams!
You are the first to hug me when I'm scared.
You are the first to tap my back when I accomplish something and you beam with pride when I achieve a milestone.
You are there to encourage me when I doubt myself.
You are there to comfort me when I fail.
You made me a wife and a mother to this beautiful, happy little boy who is a spitting image of you!  And although this little boy screams and throws food and things at me, he is also there to meet and hug me and give me the brightest smile when I come home from an exhausting work day.  He is the joy that fills our home.
You are there to clean, mow the lawn, water the plants and wash dirty clothes while I cook.
You are there to wash the dishes every after meal.
You are there to put the baby to sleep so I can relax and enjoy a hobby.
You are a man among men.
You stand out in everything you do.
You are the best father our little one can ever have.
You are warm and cool and you can polish the car better than anybody else in this planet!
You are unique and wonderful, and you are mine.

I am not a little girl anymore.  I am now a woman and I have become a superwoman because of you! 

Today you turn 48, and I know you worry about getting old so fast.  But don't be.  I am here for you and I always will be (just promise that whatever you do or become, just don't turn bald on me☺)!  And more than anything, I want you to know that I love you more than I ever dreamed of.

Thank you for making all my dreams come true.
And for making me live not just a life, but a fairy tale!

Your Princess,
Liza

8 comments:

JoPiE October 8, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

WOW, what a beautiful beautiful love letter this is, cuz! you and charles are one of those lovely couples worthy of emulating!

congratulations to you both for finding each other and creating a wonderful life -- and little boy -- together!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLES! with that full head of hair, i doubt that you will ever turn bald on Liza! hehe

much love to you both! <3

konsuy October 9, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

happy birthday to charles, liz.
yes, you are truly a princess and i dare say you are so deserving of the beautiful life you have now.

Liza October 9, 2010 at 3:16 AM  

JoPiE said...
congratulations to you both for finding each other and creating a wonderful life -- and little boy -- together!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLES! with that full head of hair, i doubt that you will ever turn bald on Liza! hehe


Thank you so much, cuz! Sending love back to you...

Hahaha!!! Unsaon nalang kung maupaw! Di ko ka-imagine!

Liza October 9, 2010 at 3:17 AM  

konsuy said...
happy birthday to charles, liz.
yes, you are truly a princess and i dare say you are so deserving of the beautiful life you have now.


Hahaha...princess in my dreams! But then again, I'd like to think I'm living a dream. :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography October 10, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

awww!!! what a very sweet letter ... *kilig*.

well said liz --- Happy Birthday to Charles!

Liza October 11, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

Cindy said...
awww!!! what a very sweet letter ... *kilig*.

well said liz --- Happy Birthday to Charles!


Thank you, Cindy! Very seldom lang ang love letters for us so doing this is intended to make it more special for him.

Aileen October 13, 2010 at 6:54 AM  

What a sweet, heartwarming letter, Liz! It's very inspiring to find couples like you and Charles.

Happy Birthday to him (albeit late)! :D

Liza October 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Aileen said...
What a sweet, heartwarming letter, Liz! It's very inspiring to find couples like you and Charles.

Happy Birthday to him (albeit late)! :D


Salamat, Ai! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP