Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kera + Lyn


I never expected that one of my first photography gigs would be a boudoir session.  I thought I would be doing more baby shoots and engagement shoots, but not like this.  Not boudoir.  This isn't my forte.  I'm not good at this.


But these two ladies--Kera and Lyn, both co-workers of my friend Eva, loved Eva's photos and wanted me to do theirs too.  They were so excited (even more excited than I was-- I was more terrified than excited).  I was afraid that I couldn't deliver or that they wouldn't be pleased with the photos and think it wasn't worth their buck.  But how can I say "No"?  This was such a good opportunity for me.

So I prepared for it by browsing a lot of photography sites specializing on boudoir photography.  Miss Boudoir is one of my favorites.  Check out her "before and after" photos and be amazed at how she transformed women to gorgeous-looking models.  I bet their husbands didn't recognize them when looking at the photos. 


The two of them also came prepared.  Actually, I thought I only had one booking (Kera) until another one (Lyn) showed up at the very last minute.  I only had two hours to spare and was a little worried about the extra booking. But because they came very well-prepared (their hair and make-up done and they were ready with their little outfits) I was able to finish shooting both of them in an hour and a half.  So I suggested we do an outdoor [and more wholesome] shoot afterwards.  We did the outdoor shoot for another 30 minutes before I headed back to the airport.  We did this shoot in Las Vegas last week.


Kera and Lyn are both Filipinos.  One of them is raised here in the US, but I forgot who.  They are cousins.  Lyn is the one with the ring and she is getting married soon.


I admire these ladies.  When I asked them why they wanted sexy shots and what they were going to do with the photos, they just said, "we just want to look beautiful--like those women in magazines!".  I told them, "you are already beautiful!".  I asked them if they were going to show the photos to the boyfriend/fiance, and they both exclaimed, "of course, we are going to show these off!"  And they had a good laugh.

I thought they were kidding until a few days later, I learned that they were showing the photos off to all their friends and co-workers (just female co-workers, of course), and their favorite patients (they both work as Physical Therapists at a Las Vegas Hospital and Rehab facility).

I couldn't believe it, but I'm happy.  Happy because it shows that they like the photos.  Maybe I can also get referrals that way--who knows?

Sharing more of my favorite photos here...


4 comments:

konsuy October 14, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

ms. boudoir = mrs ocat.
liz, kung naa lang ka dinhi, ako gyud ipamalita sa tanan nakong ka-ila.
gusto ka fly diri? =)

Liza October 14, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

konsuy said...

gusto ka fly diri? =)


Hehehe! Of course, I will. If you can find me enough jobs to cover my airfare, I totally will! =)

JoPiE October 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM  

CUZ, i would love to be a boudoir photographer! i just said this in my blog.

you did a great job, cuz! love the photos! :D

Liza November 22, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

JoPiE said...
CUZ, i would love to be a boudoir photographer! i just said this in my blog.

you did a great job, cuz! love the photos! :D


Cuz, thank you! That means a lot!

You already are a great boudoir photographer! The one you did of Blanche is one of the best I've seen! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP