Thursday, September 30, 2010

Alicia and Kevin


It's been over two months since I did this shoot, but the thought of it still draws a big, bright smile in my face.  It was one fine day.  I had a blast.  They had a blast.

It was one of those exciting ideas that just sprung out of a casual conversation--one that I thought would just simply be forgotten and never seriously discussed again, let alone materialized.

But it was too good an opportunity to pass up, both for me and for them.  I was hungry for a photoshoot and they barely had any photos of themselves as a couple.


It's been over two months and I hadn't thought about this for a while, until recently.  Alicia came up to me and said she wanted a link to my website (which I don't have) or a contact info that she can reference on their wedding website. She said they love the photos so much and they want to give me credits on their site and tell all their friends and family about my work.  That was very nice of them!  I didn't know they were planning to build a website.  I guess the photos came handy afterall.


Alicia and Kevin make a very lovely couple.  They have been together for a long time (I can't recall how many years exactly, but I know they're been together for a while).  Alicia is one of my co-workers, and although we belong in different teams, I see her a lot because she is very good friends with somebody in my team.  Kevin is a Filipino, born in one of the US military bases in the Philippines but raised here in the US.


The day we did the shoot started out smoggy.  Alicia texted that maybe we shouldn't do it that day.  I insisted we give it a try because I actually prefer to shoot when it's overcast and not too sunny.  So off we went to San Francisco, starting off at the Palace of the Legion of Honor and wrapping up at China Beach.  When we got there, the fog started to vanish, the skies cleared and the sun started peeking through the clouds giving us just the right amount of light that we needed.  It was perfect!  


I just checked their link and there they were--the photos I took of them proudly displayed all over their site (and under Photo Albums). And I realized that all the photos they posted on their website were original because all they had were the unedited files that I gave to them in a DVD.  Yet they looked fine and I couldn't help but be proud of what I had done.  

To professional photographers, I know that these photos are considered average, but to me they are great.  My heart was swelling looking at them.  It was like a moment of sweet victory.  It was mission accomplished.  It was one of those things that I think I nailed.

I don't always give myself a pat on the back.  But this time, I may just have to!  :-)

6 comments:

JoPiE October 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM  

these photos are AMAZING, cuz! my favorite is the last one -- looove it!

i'm so proud of you! magteam-up na ta na, let's do weekend gigs. hehe.

Liza October 2, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

JoPiE said...
these photos are AMAZING, cuz! my favorite is the last one -- looove it!

i'm so proud of you! magteam-up na ta na, let's do weekend gigs. hehe.


THANKS, Cuz! Coming from you, this means a lot!

Team up? SIGE! SIGE! That is such a great idea!!! I have an inquiry from a couple--engagement shoot. Kung madayon na, you shoot with me ha? Yay! (Excited)

konsuy October 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

liz, i have always admired your creativeness. in fact, you deserve a shopping day reward from charles. (pa luok lang ko ni charles inig kita namo. hehehe) the photos are really awesome.

Liza October 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

konsuy said...
liz, i have always admired your creativeness. in fact, you deserve a shopping day reward from charles. (pa luok lang ko ni charles inig kita namo. hehehe) the photos are really awesome.


Thanks Chi! Akong ingnon si Charles, hehehe! Magpa-shopping unya ko ug new camera (maybe D300 or D7000? hehehe) and a new Macbook Pro! And some new lens! Nah! Di na gyud mi kabayad ug mortgage ani. Hehehe...

Aileen October 13, 2010 at 6:56 AM  

I saw these shots in FB and I absolutely LOVE these!

Lovely, Liz! Hope you'll have more of these in the coming days, weeks, months, years! :)

Liza October 13, 2010 at 3:57 PM  

Aileen said...
I saw these shots in FB and I absolutely LOVE these!

Lovely, Liz! Hope you'll have more of these in the coming days, weeks, months, years! :)


Thank you Ai, and thanks for the vote of confidence. If ever I will have more of these, you will notice that your thumbprint will be in a lot of my work because your work is where I get a lot of inspiration from.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP