Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Alone with Lucas



The nanny is off for the weekend.  The hubby is out on a business trip.  And I have a day and night alone with Lucas. 

I am the one who travels more often.  The hub is around almost all the time.  On weekends, we often have people around, so quiet weekends are very rare for us these days (not that I prefer them over fun and crazy days, but I could use one of those sometimes).

I was actually very excited to spend the day alone with my son.  I had everything planned.  I was going to wake up early and take him for a walk, then go to church together.  Then I'll spend half the day just playing with him, and then take him to a baby shower later that day.

But alas--I woke up very early Sunday morning and the rain was pouring non-stop.  He woke up early too--an hour earlier than he used to (due to the time change).  So we had plenty of time to just hang out and play until it was time to go to church.  The rain was still pouring hard, but I managed to transport him to and from church without any of us getting wet.  I had him in one arm (and he's getting really heavy) and a humongous umbrella on the other.

He was very well-behaved at church.  In fact, more behaved than he usually is. He sat still, didn't try to walk around, didn't scream, and enjoyed every bit of attention he got from the families around us who were trying to gesture and make faces at him to make him smile.  Halfway through the mass, he fell asleep (he always does).  I just lay him down on the pew using my coat for some cushion.

After mass, we headed to pick up some food and cake for my friend's baby shower.  He still was very well-behaved.  I would have panicked otherwise.  It was only until we got to the party when he started crying and clinging to mom.  He doesn't like it when people are too loud.  He wouldn't let me take pictures.  He napped for a little bit so I was able to take some.

We left the party late so we decided to pick her nanny up from the terminal before heading home.  While waiting for the train to arrive, we stopped by and chilled out at Starbucks (I did not want to wait at the terminal).  It's been a while since I had done this--sit and sip coffee at a coffeeshop at night, with someone.  And now I was there--with my son.  It was like our little date. I was talking to him like he was an adult (I always do) and he would talk back. He likes imitating what I say.  We had our little conversation and I had so much fun!  We were giggling together and I can tell how amused people around us were.

I don't always get to do this--spend an entire day alone with him.  I also don't wish for this everyday.  But I do wish for this once in a while--not only now, but later, and much later--when I'm old and gray and we'd have a lifetime of memories and learnings to talk and giggle about.

8 comments:

konsuy November 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM  

I always enjoy my time with the boys alone. I feel they talk more if it is just us.
Enjoy your time with him Liz. Those moments are precious.

Aileen November 23, 2010 at 3:04 AM  

The little dates and days you spend with each other will be memories he'd always remember when he's older. Heartwarming entry. :)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography November 23, 2010 at 8:17 PM  

hahaha.. si lolong pa-startbucks starbucks na lang.

let's cherish these moments liz, let's live life on a daily basis.

*knock out intawon si bb lucas*

JoPiE November 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM  

what a beautiful entry, cuz! i love to be able to do this when benjamin is a bit older.

can i say it again? THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ENTRY! i would have loved to have been invisible and watched you both as you spent these beautiful moments together.

Liza November 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

konsuy said...
I always enjoy my time with the boys alone. I feel they talk more if it is just us.
Enjoy your time with him Liz. Those moments are precious.


Chi, I often wonder what our relationship would be like going forward. I do hope he will feel comfortable talking to me about anything. Well, I guess we can't let them tell us "everything" but at least, the ones that matter he will discuss with me.

Liza November 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM  

Aileen said...
The little dates and days you spend with each other will be memories he'd always remember when he's older. Heartwarming entry. :)


I really hope he remembers them. Thank you, Ai!

Liza November 29, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Cindy said...
hahaha.. si lolong pa-startbucks starbucks na lang.
let's cherish these moments liz, let's live life on a daily basis.


Hehehe...we only ended up at Starbucks kay wala na'y laing place nga open, Cinds!

Liza November 29, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

JoPiE said...
what a beautiful entry, cuz! i love to be able to do this when benjamin is a bit older.
can i say it again? THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ENTRY! i would have loved to have been invisible and watched you both as you spent these beautiful moments together.


Thank you, Cuz! You are so kind. You know, one other thing I enjoy, other than alone time with Lucas, is time with you--time spent talking about our little ones, how they've changed and what they've learned. I get amazed at how they do similar things yet how very unique and different they are from each other! I really do enjoy those conversations! So I hope we can keep doing that. :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP