Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Giants


He was literally at the edge of his seat, his eyes glued on the TV screen, at times getting bored that nothing much was happening in the beginning.  But at the seventh inning, when mommy started clapping and screaming and cheering to her heart's content, he also lit up, started clapping and cheering along with mom--as if he really understood what was going on.

I know Lucas didn't understand exactly what he was watching, but he knows it was something fun and exciting.  He now thinks baseball is Giants.  I know that because every time I turn the TV on and he sees baseball, he would say "Jaynts! Jaynts!" (Giants! Giants!)--even if the Giants weren't playing.  I love it that he shares our excitement about the team and about sports.  I wish that when he grows up, he will be actively involved in sports--either as a fan or a player (the latter would be better).  I want him to be active and be part of a team.

As for the Giants, I am so proud of this team, not only because they represent San Francisco but also because I used to watch them play live.  I work only a few blocks away from the stadium and I used to go there with some co-workers--sometimes as a company-sponsored event.  We cut down on those in the past few years following the economic turmoil, but I sure hope we can go to the games again in the near future.  Or better yet, maybe go there with family and friends in the next few seasons.

This is what I like most about sports.  It certainly brings people together.  It divides a few, but unites a whole lot!  Thank you, Giants for playing so amazingly well this season!

Baseball season is over and the NBA has just started.  I am rooting for the Golden State Warriors!  Now, I gotta find Lucas a set of jerseys...

4 comments:

konsuy November 2, 2010 at 3:08 AM  

cute kaayo si lucas. i just know he will turn out really smart. basin mag coach ni sa baseball.

JoPiE November 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM  

Lucas is a very very smart boy, cuz! I know you and Charles are so proud of him. :D

Liza November 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

konsuy said...
cute kaayo si lucas. i just know he will turn out really smart. basin mag coach ni sa baseball.


Hehe, mag-player una Chi before mag-coach!

Liza November 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

JoPiE said...
Lucas is a very very smart boy, cuz! I know you and Charles are so proud of him. :D


We are, Cuz! But just like any other parents (and even some second parents/aunts/uncles)--mura'g kita tanan proud gyud sa atong mga kids! I remember how you thought Jojo was Jacob's dad (hahaha--funny gyud to!) because he was just too proud of Jacob and couldn't stop talking about him. Makalingaw!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP