Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Christmas in Photos

Following my Christmas story, I just want to share some of our celebration photos here...


We all love family portraits.  We would have one every chance we get.  This year, our theme is Red, 


and Gold.


Although my sister and her family were hosting Christmas dinner, I prepared most of the food because she was supposed to be working that day.  She requested a time off and got approved at the last minute.   Thank you, Lord!  It's a gift in itself to have my sister join us for Christmas dinner.


This was a special request from my brother-in-law.  He has tried my Cioppino before and loved it.  I've made this dish a few times in the past, but I continue to look for other recipes of this same dish from other chefs and integrate them with the recipe that I used to follow, creating a unique one.  This turned out better than the ones I've made before.  I made two of these pots, yet there was hardly any leftovers.


My sister bought Honeybaked Ham.  Gotta have a good ham on Christmas!  Behind that ham is my mom's Bibingka.  It was the only Filipino food we had that night and we couldn't have enough of it!  My preggy sister-in-law was devouring it like crazy! 


Sis made Spanish Rice too.  It's like Paella minus the seafood and chorizo.  It only had vegetables on it with the rice.  It was yummy!  


The two little ones couldn't get their hands off the gifts.  


They enjoyed distributing the gifts to all of us.  They were so cute--like Santa's little elves!  Haha!


I wish that when they grow up, they will look out for each other and be the best buddies!


The matching jacket and pants, as well as the shoes were a gift from my brother, Richard.  He had Kobe and Lebron in mind when he got them these.  But look--the colors matched our themes!  That was purely coincidence.


Nathan just goofing around with Tito Richard's iPhone the day after.  Like us, he is fascinated with electronics.  

6 comments:

konsuy December 31, 2010 at 3:32 AM  

angayan kaayo si nathan (gamay nga ulitaw with his i-phone)

lucas and nathan - santa's little helpers did a really good job.

lingaw kaayo si mamu ug papi, i'm sure.

Liza December 31, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

Chi, Nathan looks so grown up na gyud in these photos. Pero baby pa baya gyud cya in person. Mura'g mas tigulang si Lucas kay kabalo na man musulti.

Mamu and Papi were very happy gyud. I'm sure they're so thrilled to be here. Luoy sad kaayo sila mag-Christmas nga sila-sila lang sa Bohol.

Anonymous January 5, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

cuz, beautiful holiday photos! i am lovin' the red and gold themes! and the food, oh wow, the food!

your family is really wonderful! :D

Anonymous January 5, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

cuz, that was me. somehow the pop-up window is not making me put in my name. hmmm. strange.

Liza January 6, 2011 at 12:50 AM  

Hi Cuz! Nge, nganong na-anonymous na man ka?! Haha!

Cuz, wish we spent Christmas together. It would have been more fun! Maybe next Christmas... :-)

Aileen January 9, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Your Christmas certainly looked yummy and happy! Beautiful pictures, as always! And quite lovely to see that you were surrounded by family! :)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP