Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Celebrated


I wish we had birthdays instead of just a birthday in any given year.  I don't want this day to end, but in less than an hour it will be over whether I like it or not.

I've always enjoyed my birthdays regardless of how I spent them.  When I was younger, I always look forward to my birthday, but now that I'm older I don't necessarily do.  The thought of me aging somehow makes me sad.  But when the day comes, I find myself celebrating in one way or another.  Somehow, I or someone else finds a way to make it special.  I don't recall ever being alone on my birthday.  I always spend it with somebody I love.


Today, I was overwhelmed with greetings.  Don't you just love Facebook?!  I won't deny how much I am loving the attention. I know most of my friends probably just saw the reminder and took a few seconds to type in "Happy Birthday" and some wishes on my wall.  But the important thing is that they took a few precious seconds to do it and that alone, to me, is thoughtfulness!  Thoughtfulness that I so appreciate and I express my gratitude by also taking the time to say "Thank you!" to each and everyone of them.

Of course, I know of a few who always remember with or without a Facebook reminder and to them I'll always be grateful.

I think birthdays are important and should be celebrated.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  It can be a trip to church with somebody, sharing cupcakes with a few friends, lunch or drinks with a couple of colleagues or just a quiet dinner with family.

Today, I celebrated mine.  I started my day early at work.  My team took me out to lunch at a restaurant called The Stinking Rose (they have garlic in pretty much everything on their menu).  The restaurant staff sang the "Happy Birthday" song and called me a "Little Stinker"!  They had me blow what I would call "vampire candles" because they remind me of those candles I see in vampire movies.  I left work early and just played with Lucas while waiting for Charles to get home.  My family then took me to a nice dinner at my favorite local seafood restaurant, The Seafood Peddler.  They got me a cake too!  And it's huge for three and a half people (my dad is diabetic so he can't have cake).  The day ends with my late-night snack of Pancit and Puto-Maya, lovingly prepared for me by mom.


I thank God for such a happy day, for my little family, for my mom and dad who I don't always get to spend my birthday with.  I was graced with their presence today.  I thank him for all my friends and relatives who made me smile and touched me deeply with their thoughtfulness.  I thank Him for my dear husband who made quite an effort to make my day special and for my little beloved who tried hard to say "Bidday Mommy!" (Happy Birthday, Mommy) though he probably didn't understand what it meant.    Most of all, I thank God for 35 amazing years!  They were all so amazing that I wish God will double them and let me live through to 70!


I wish and pray for more birthdays to come for me and everyone I hold dear.

7 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography January 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

For a kindhearted person like u Liz u deserve triple/quadruple years birthdays to come...

Glad u had a good one... "bidday mommy Liz"...

konsuy January 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

no matter what age, you will always be beautiful and sexy. happy birthday.

Liza January 7, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

Cindy said...
For a kindhearted person like u Liz u deserve triple/quadruple years birthdays to come...

Glad u had a good one... "bidday mommy Liz"...


Thank you for the very kind words, Cinds! And thanks for the bidday wishes! hehehe...

Liza January 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

konsuy said...
no matter what age, you will always be beautiful and sexy. happy birthday.


Hala oi! Kanus-a pa man ko ma-sexy ug balik, Chi? Hopefully soon--maluoy ang Ginoo. :-)

Mommy Blogs January 8, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

Birthdays are always wonderful when spent with our loved ones, no matter how old we get...

Stay fabulous and sweet, Liz! =D

JoPiE January 9, 2011 at 2:27 AM  

cuz, such happy photos for such a happy occasion! HAPPY HAPPY BIRHTDAY! i say this over and over again, no one deserves all the blessings, love, and happiness that you have more than you do! you have such a good heart and such a positive air around you. enjoy being 35! this year is going to be a blast, i can tell. :D

Aileen January 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM  

More blessings, Liz. And more years! I'm grateful I met you (albeit online). Happy Birthday! :)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP