Saturday, December 18, 2010

Thank You!

{PJ and Pamela - new friends from Missouri who trusted me with their photos}

I have always wanted to ask Aileen how she post-processes her photos. I really like how she does them.  The subject comes out perfectly sharp (though I’m sure this has more to do with how she took the photos than how she processed them).  The effects are visible yet subtle in such a way that the true colors are still predominantly there (unless of course, she turns them to monochrome).  And there is something in them that tells me “these are signature Aileey Siroy photos” the moment I see them in Facebook even as thumbnails.

So when I came across her Tagaytay Wedding album, I just had to ask, thinking maybe she’ll give me a tip or two. I told her that I would completely understand if she says “no”. But she not only gave me tips. She sent me a set of actions and taught me how to use them. She told me which ones she likes the most and which one she used for one particular photo that I asked her about.

I went crazy after that—spending hours playing around with my new-found tools. Thanks to Aileen, I even managed to fix photos that I thought were unusable because they were too overexposed their colors were completely washed out.

Aileen didn’t have to do what she did. As a professional, she has the rights to her own recipe and didn’t have to share the secret spices. She said she works with a lot of pros who tell her not to share her techniques, but she feels better sharing. She said she is happier that way.

I have always admired Aileen for her beauty, her talent and her wits. But now I know why she is beloved by many and I think that’s because of her kindness and generosity.  She is a good soul!

Thank you, AILEEN SIROY for teaching and inspiring. I feel lucky to have known you and I wish that someday, hopefully soon, I will finally meet you in person.

Sharing more photos here...

{The windy city of Chicago, Illinois}

{Chicago skyline by night}

{My sister-in-law, Hannah at six months}

6 comments:

konsuy December 19, 2010 at 12:53 AM  

i totally agree. aileen is an inspiration. i-share pud unya nako inyong tips. =) hehehe

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography December 20, 2010 at 1:59 PM  

Feel good when ur grateful Liz... I myself is one avid fan of her work, truly Inspiring.

These are beautiful photos Liz... The skyline you painted well. Love it!!!

Liza December 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

konsuy said...
i totally agree. aileen is an inspiration. i-share pud unya nako inyong tips. =) hehehe


Chi, di man ko kabalo mugamit ug Gimp. Pag-Photoshop na! :-)

Liza December 20, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Cindy said...
Feel good when ur grateful Liz... I myself is one avid fan of her work, truly Inspiring.

These are beautiful photos Liz... The skyline you painted well. Love it!!!


Salamat Cinds! I can't help but be grateful when people show me kindness, especially when I'm not really sure if I am deserving. Hehehe! But I agree--it's good to always be grateful! It makes us appreciate life more!

Aileen December 23, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

Thank you for this entry, Liz! It is very heartwarming when people acknowledge the things you do for them. And this entry really goes beyond the usual Thank Yous.

I am very grateful. This makes my Christmas happier! :)

And I just want to say that even without those actions, you already take the most amazing photographs.

Continue taking pictures and enjoy experimenting with those new tools! :)

Liza December 24, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

Aileen said...
And I just want to say that even without those actions, you already take the most amazing photographs.

Continue taking pictures and enjoy experimenting with those new tools! :)


That is very kind of you, Ai! I am very flattered. It is easy to enjoy photography when you have an inspiration and to me, you are definitely one of them. :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP