Sunday, May 1, 2011

Godchildren

Meet my new godchildren.  Both of them were baptized this weekend--Sofia on Saturday and Zachary on Sunday.


This is Sofia Xochitl.  She is my friend Josephine's first and only daughter.  Her mom is Filipino and her dad is Mexican and she is oh-so-beautiful!!!  She is named after a Mayan flower--Xochitl (Sowt-chil). 


Before Sofie's baptism, I paid her a visit [for the first time since she was born].  I felt so bad that it took so long for me to see her, but my friend and I could not get to agree on a date that works for both of us.  I was traveling so much and she was busy on the weekends.

She is 5 months old now and growing very beautifully.  She is taller and heavier than most babies her age, despite the fact that she was born premature (only at 34 weeks).


And this is Zachary Liam, my nephew--son of my only brother, Richard and his wife Hannah.  They live in Missouri but they came all the way to California to have Zach baptized here so we can all celebrate with them.  Lucas and I met Zach for the first time a couple of weeks ago, when we traveled to Chicago and met my brother's family there.


We are so thrilled to welcome Zach to the family, and now to the Christian world.  As his godmother, I will be helping his parents take care of him and guide him through the Christian faith.  As his aunt, I will look out for him, just as I look out for Nathan and Lucas.  Zach will be like a son to me, only he won't live with me.  And I love him to pieces already.

4 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography May 3, 2011 at 6:37 PM  

your circle of godchildren liz is getting bigger and bigger --- that means more blessings ... and they are a certified CUTIE!!!

konsuy May 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM  

more godchildren = more blessings. i believe in that. cute kaayo si sophie, also si zach. how beautiful to be part of their lives and to be given the honor to be a 2nd parent.

Liza May 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM  

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography said...
your circle of godchildren liz is getting bigger and bigger --- that means more blessings ... and they are a certified CUTIE!!!


Thank you, Cinds! Nagka-daghan gyud bitaw akong godchildren. I have another one coming up nasad. Hehe... Kids are so cute, they make me happy!

Liza May 23, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

konsuy said...
more godchildren = more blessings. i believe in that. cute kaayo si sophie, also si zach. how beautiful to be part of their lives and to be given the honor to be a 2nd parent.


Chi, I am thrilled to be part of their lives. I hope they grow up knowing me. I guess I have a responsibility to make that happen :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP