Thursday, February 23, 2012

What Will Become Of Him?

I often ask the husband, "what do you think Lucas will become when he grows up?" I guess we won't really know until it happens or is about to happen.

When I was growing up, my ambitions kept changing.  I once wanted to be a doctor, then a therapist, then a singer.  Then I thought, maybe having a business of my own will be best, so I thought I should go to Business School. But then before I went to college, I decided I want to become a lawyer.  So I took up Accountancy with the intention of proceeding to Corporate Law.  But even as I went to take my entrance exams at Silliman University, I couldn't make up my mind and decided to take both Accountancy and Physical Therapy exams.  When it was time to make up my mind, I decided I still want to take up Accountancy, then become  a lawyer.

I finished Accountancy and became a CPA. But when it was time to proceed to Law, I decided I didn't want to go to school anymore. I wanted to have a job and start earning money. And so that's how my career in Finance began.

I still wonder what Lucas will become.  Will he be an Architect?


Or a Builder?


Will he be a Doctor?


A Scientist?


Or maybe a Chef?


Will he be a Sailor?


Or a Construction Worker?


A Musician?


Or an Adventure-seeker?


Whatever he will become, I know it in my heart that I will be proud of him.  I will support his passions and I will dream his dreams.  I only hope that he looks out for himself and will aim only for the good.  And I also hope that I will live long enough to see a bright future ahead of him unfold.

***

Photos:  Lucas, 2 years and 8 months old. Taken at Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, CA.

5 comments:

Cindy February 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM  

these are beautiful photos liz of lucas... growing old na gyud ... enjoy him more!!!

konsuy February 23, 2012 at 3:12 PM  

mag model lang si lucas. =)

i'm sure he will be great in just anything he sets his heart into. no doubt. he gets it from you and charles.

lucas, dako naman ka doy oi. paspasa sa panahon oi.

Liza February 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM  

Cindy said...
these are beautiful photos liz of lucas... growing old na gyud ... enjoy him more!!!


Thank you, Cinds! I am enjoying Lucas more and more each day. :-)

Liza February 23, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

konsuy said...
mag model lang si lucas. =)

i'm sure he will be great in just anything he sets his heart into. no doubt. he gets it from you and charles.

lucas, dako naman ka doy oi. paspasa sa panahon oi.


So much time has come and gone, Chi! Daku na gyud bitaw si Lucas. Mura'g bag-o lang gyud kaayo nga baby pa cya. Karon, definitely not a baby anymore.

I hope he will be as passionate as I am and as hardworking as his dad. I'd be very happy gyud! :-)

Anonymous February 18, 2013 at 3:14 PM  

This information is worth everyone's attention. How can I find out more?

Visit my web blog ... Www.Iamsport.Org

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP