Saturday, March 23, 2013

Torta di Mandorla


I have nearly 3 pounds of almond flour at home.  These were leftovers from last November when I made so many Macarons for my nephew's birthday.  I was afraid they would go bad so I quickly searched for recipes requiring almond flour, thinking it has to be one for Almond Cake.  I love anything made from almonds, Macarons included.  I used to buy this almond tart at a local grocery and bakery in Corte Madera, but they don't have them anymore.

Gladly, I found this recipe for Torta di Mandorla (moist Almond Cake) and it's from one of my favorite recipe blogs. This blog is also where I got the recipes for my Lemon Pound Cake and Pumpkin Bread.


The cake turned out really good!  It was moist, very aromatic and light to the taste.  The best part of it though was the browned-butter glaze. It was head-spinning delicious! The nuttiness of the browned butter went amazingly well with the toasted almonds which I topped the cake with! I could eat the glaze by itself and I'd be happy!  Yes, it's that good!

The author of the blog, Julia, said this may be the best cake she's ever had! Maybe not for me. I've had better ones.  But this recipe is definitely a keeper. And the cake?  Definitely one that I'll make again and serve my guests with!

4 comments:

konsuy March 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM  

ga laway ko. oh no.

Liza March 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM  

konsuy said...
ga laway ko. oh no.


Mangaon ta, Chi! :-)

Julia from Dozen Flours May 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM  

Aww! So glad you found this recipe as delicious as I have. It's one of my all time favorites. Gorgeous photos too!

Liza May 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM  

Julia from Dozen Flours said...
Aww! So glad you found this recipe as delicious as I have. It's one of my all time favorites. Gorgeous photos too!


OMG, Julia! I am so thrilled that you found my blog! I have been stalking you and using your recipes! I am so star-struck!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP