Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hands


Blessings of the Hands
This is part of a prayer that we used on our wedding day.  This was shared to us during our wedding preparation seminar and I thought I should share this here.  

***
These are the hands of your best friend, 
young and strong and vibrant with love, 
that are holding yours on your wedding day, 
as he promises to love you all the days of his life. 

These are the hands that will work alongside yours, 
as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, 
as you share your innermost secrets and dreams. 

These are the hands you will place with expectant joy against your stomach, 
until he too, feels his child stir within you. 
These are the hands that look so large and strong, 
yet will be so gentle as he holds your baby for the first time. 
These are the hands that will work long hours for you and your new family.

These are that hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, 
for a lifetime of happiness. 
These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: 
tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, 
and hold you when fear or grief wrack your mind. 
These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin 
and brush your cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes: 
eyes that are filled completely with his overwhelming love and desire for you. 


To my dad Ricardo, one of the best fathers in the world--thank you for raising us and for making us what we are now, for being such a great father to us and a loving grandfather to Lucas.

To my dearest Charles, the love of my life and father to my most precious little boy--thank you for being a very hands-on dad!  There is no doubt you are going to be a great father and Lucas will love you back.  You deserve each other!

To my brother-in-law John Mayel--thank you for being a great friend to us and for being there always whenever we need anything. Thank you for being a great love to my sister and a loving parent to my beloved nephew, Nathan!

Happy, happy Fathers' Day to you and to all the dads in the world!!!

8 comments:

JoPiE June 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

BEAUTIFUL entry and equally beautiful photos, cuz!

happy father's day to tito cardo, charles, and mayel! :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography June 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

oww, how sweet...

enjoying newborn shots yet liz? the photos are beautiful by the way... keep it coming, you know they won't stay little =)

ka-imagine nako nimo liz nextime, sige naka ug dagan-dagan, gukod-gukod para makakuha ug picture kay baby lucas, lol.

Liza June 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM  

Thank you cuz! Happy Father' Day to the soon-to-be dad too (Ben)! :-)

Liza June 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Thank you Cinds! I guess I'll never stop shooting 'coz they always show something new everyday, hehe!

Yeah--pretty soon mag-gukod-gukod na ko ni Lucas. You'll share with me your tips on baby/kid photography, will you?

Aileen June 21, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

what a beautiful prayer, liz! thank you for sharing.

these are very heartwarming photos! baby lucas is so adorable. i would love to hold and hug him one day. =)

happy father's day to the all wonderful fathers you know. =)

Aileen June 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

* all THE wonderful fathers you know. =)

Liza June 22, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Thank you Ai!

Same here--we would love to meet you someday! Maybe soon...

konsuy June 22, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

i am hearting your soul more now nga mama na ka liz. so tender na gyud. and your pictures have become beautiful even more.

take care and happy father's day to charles, your papa and your brother in law. soon si richard na pud.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP