Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer At The Park

Photo:  The Conservatory of Flowers, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

It was extremely hot here over the weekend, so we thought of heading south to San Francisco to chill out.  San Francisco is only 15 minutes south of where we live, but because it's closer to the ocean the temperature in the city is always cooler.  It rarely goes beyond 75 degrees F.

So with babies in tow, we ended up at the Golden Gate Park.  Indeed, it was much cooler down there--the sun was up and bright but the cool breeze brought down the temperature to the mid-60's.  We settled in one corner under the shade and enjoyed lunch and a good conversation with family.

Photo: My brother-in-law John and my nephew Nathan enjoying a stroll at the park

There were a lot of people at the park but it wasn't crowded.   The view was breathtaking--lots and lots of beautiful flowers, kids running around, men playing toss and catch, and bikini-clad women getting their tan.  While there, we also visited the Conservatory of Flowers, a large botanical greenhouse housing a collection of exotic plants.  The conservatory was built in 1878 and is the oldest building at the Golden Gate Park.  

Photo:  Inside the conservatory

It was Lucas' first trip to a park and he's going to have a lot more.  I think it would be good for him to be out exploring places and be around people most of the time, so I'm getting him started early.  

Photo:  Charles and Lucas enjoying the view from Twin Peaks

Last stop before heading home--Twin Peaks, the highest point in San Francisco.  We come here to get a good 360-degrees view of the city.

5 comments:

konsuy June 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM  

you somehow change perspectives in places to go to when you have a baby na. mas feel na gyud ang parks and museums. (dapat naay changing rooms) and baby friendly.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography June 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

beautiful photos liz... very colorful and tack sharp =)

Liza July 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Hi Chi! Tinuod gyud--there are parks in the neighborhood that I haven't even been to, but I'm sure I'll be visiting these parks often from now on. Daghan gyud mausab with the baby around.

Liza July 1, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

Thank you Cinds!

JoPiE July 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

cuz, i super love the third photo! frame within a frame. nice!

it looks like you had a great time at the park. you're so lucky you live so close to san francisco! lucas is gonna have sooo much fun exploring a lot of places as he grows up. :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP