Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Project

Blue, green, brown or gray?
Two colors or two tones of the same color?
Paint or wallpaper?
Cherry or Dark Espresso furniture?

The options are endless.  It took us a couple of weeks to plan--more than a week just to choose between cherry and espresso furniture.  We spent several hours during the day (and night) just staring at the wall covered with different paint samples.


But as soon as we made our choices, the execution was quite a breeze.  My dad and I both love to paint and I enjoy furniture assembly.  It was so nice to see everything slowly coming together.

We picked two tones of Blue (Charles felt very strongly about this color--he said we already have a lot of green and brown in the house), paint and wallpaper borders, and dark espresso furniture.  I added white drapes for the window, a matching valance, and dark wood frames for the wall art.


Our nursery is finally done and Lucas was happy to see it.  But when we let him sleep there for the first time last night, he looked a bit confused.  He spent a lot of time lurking around the room, staring at the walls and then he cried as if thinking we brought him to a totally different place and that we're going to leave him there!  Charles and I slept in the room as well so Lucas knows we are close by, and we'll probably do so for a few more days or weeks or until Lucas is comfortable sleeping there on his own.


As for me, I had this strange feeling about moving Lucas to his own room.  I felt so sad, I felt as if I was letting him go and I didn't want to.  If only he can sleep with us forever...

Oh dear, I can see myself sobbing when he finally goes to Daycare!

9 comments:

photosandmemos August 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

OMG!!! that beadroom is fit for a prince=) and truly, Lucas is your wonderful little prince..=)

nice taste you have Lisa..i would have chosen the same colors for a room..and it can stay the same until he grows older...

you and hubby are such loving parents..=)

Liza August 14, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

photosandmemos said...

...nice taste you have Lisa..i would have chosen the same colors for a room..and it can stay the same until he grows older...

_____________

Hello Chel! Thank you so much! I am very happy that someone else agrees with me and likes what we've done with the room. Lucas is our first so I was very excited with this project and I'm glad it turned out ok.

I am sure that when he gets older, he will acquire his own style and will want to make changes to this room. But I hope he will keep it this way at least for a little while. =)

Shutterfairy August 14, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

Wow.. what a lovely baby room you have for Lucas. Lucky, lucky little man.

Sus Liz.. Matt still sleeps with me. As in tandayanay mi duha. Marcus moved out of my room late last year lang.

I can't imagine not smelling Matt's hair when he's asleep on my arms.

JoPiE August 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

OMG, what a beautiful beautiful nursery room!!! well done, cuz!!! i love it!

we haven't bought a single thing for the nursery. maybe i'll follow you and not think too much about the nursery until the baby comes. :-)

Liza August 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Mai.Mai said...

Sus Liz.. Matt still sleeps with me. As in tandayanay mi duha. Marcus moved out of my room late last year lang.

I can't imagine not smelling Matt's hair when he's asleep on my arms.

_____________

Mai, I didn't realize it was that hard to move Lucas just next door. I kept trying to postpone it, telling Charles next week nalang, but he insisted we start him early. Also, I know that the later we move him, the harder it gets. My brother slept next to me and my sister until he was almost college.

Liza August 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

JoPiE said...
OMG, what a beautiful beautiful nursery room!!! well done, cuz!!! i love it!

we haven't bought a single thing for the nursery. maybe i'll follow you and not think too much about the nursery until the baby comes. :-)

_____________

Oh, thank you cuz! I'd say wait until your baby comes. Anyway, you won't let him sleep in the nursery for the first few months so you'll have plenty of time to work on it. Also, you might come up with totally different ideas after you see your baby. Like for me, what we actually did was totally different than what I had envisioned before I saw Lucas. For some reasons, you'll think nga mas angayan siya with this theme than that theme or with this color than the other. =)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography August 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Wow, well done liz... love the nursery a lot [now the question is, will it stay this way?... just teasing].

I remember those days with ate L [two tone - purple and very light lavander], with rocking chair and sofa bed, and all white furnitures, which is baby M's room now and ate L migrated to our computer room. Karon, sus arang gubuta [need to clean up and donate stuff to safety nest, like tons of stuff then we can see our furnitures back, LOL].

great capture liz!

Liza August 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

Cindy said...

...Wow, well done liz... love the nursery a lot [now the question is, will it stay this way?... just teasing].

_____________

Hi Cinds! Haha! I don't really expect the nursery to stay as neat as it is now. Am sure as Lucas gets older, the room is going to get messier! Mao bitaw picture ko daan while bag-o pa, hehe...

konsuy August 16, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

nice kaayo ang room ni lucas baby. i always love your choices of color and style. i knew this will come out nice when you first mentioned it. oh, as for us, si roland ang ga anxiety attack when the boys had to move to their own room. i can't sleep with them beside me kay lihukan kaayo but now that they are older, ako nay mamugos nga motupad sila kay akong feeling, lisud na gyud kaayo sila mo stay close to us kay ulitaw na. i silently wish, i endured the sharing of the bed kay now mingawon na ko nila nga sige na hisgot hisgot ug crushes. hehehe. selosa ko nga mommy as in.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP