Friday, August 14, 2009

Today


I was checking my emails and he was right beside me in his bouncer, staring at his fingers (which he does a lot lately).  I only glanced at my monitor and after a split nanosecond I looked at him again and saw his nose bleeding.  He scratched his nose--no, he sliced it with his fingernail.  He sliced it pretty bad and it wouldn't stop bleeding so I had to put a little band-aid on it.  Lucas had his first injury today.


I try to keep up with his fast-growing fingernails by trimming it once in every two or three days.  I remember just trimming them the other day right after I gave him a bath.  I guess I have to do it more often.  We don't put mittens on him because it hinders his ability to explore.

I know that kids are prone to injuries so this is going to be the first of many.  As a mom, all I can do is be prepared for it and take precautions.

_______________________


I received an email from the editor of Schmap.com--an online city guide (similar to citysearch.com).  They wanted to publish a link to one of my photos on their website.   To see it, click here or just go to Schmap.com, select San Francisco, then Conservatory of Flowers and browse through the photos.  There are so many photos, you may not see it if you're not patient enough but it's there!  =)

To some photographers, this is nothing.  But to me, it's quite something.  At least one website editor (or staff) recognized my work and I'd be lying if I say I'm not flattered.

8 comments:

photosandmemos August 15, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

Congratulations Liz!!!=) you deserve to be on that link=) your photos are awesome=)

gosh, he is so cute even if he had a bandage on his nose...i want to squish him,haha=)

oh no Liz, this is the start of many "be careful of Lucas and watch him all the time or else" moments..=)but its all part of his growing up=) just dont forget to document and photograph these moments=) all cute too=)

JoPiE August 15, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

i saw it, cuz! and i didn't have to browse through a lot of photos... congrats!!! :-)

as for lucas -- oh no! when you said "sliced", i had to wince. i hope the cut heals quickly.

Liza August 15, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

photosandmemos said...

Congratulations Liz!!!=) you deserve to be on that link=) your photos are awesome=)

...this is the start of many "be careful of Lucas and watch him all the time or else" moments..=)but its all part of his growing up=) just dont forget to document and photograph these moments=) all cute too=)

_____________

Thank you Chel! my photos are inspired by talents like you and the other photo enthusiasts that I stalk here in the Blog world! =)

You're absolutely right--injuries are a part of growing up and no matter how "luoy" the kids are when they get injured, it's also a way for them to learn to be more careful the next time. I will definitely document them =)

Liza August 15, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

JoPiE said...
i saw it, cuz! and i didn't have to browse through a lot of photos... congrats!!! :-)

as for lucas -- oh no! when you said "sliced", i had to wince. i hope the cut heals quickly.

_____________

Thank you cuz!

Yeah, dali ra mo-heal ang cuts and wounds sa baby--one great advantage of being young, hehe! After a day, ni-dry na iya cut and hopefully another day mo-fall off na ang dried tissue and his face will be back to normal.

konsuy August 16, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

congrats sa photo coverage. they should posts all your sfo photos. and be exclusive. =)

so proud of you liza deary.

oist, si lucas baby is so cute even with the little nose episode there. i'm sure he will be much more careful next time kay nakatilaw na siya pain. =)

i love that you are mommy na gyud.

Shutterfairy August 17, 2009 at 3:54 AM  

wow Liz.. so proud of you.. =)

Lucas looks so cute with that little band-aid on his nose.

Aileen August 23, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

lucas looks so adorable even with a band-aid on his nose.

so happy for you, liz! and so proud, too! you take the most amazing photos, and i'm glad they are taking notice!

Mommy Blogs September 5, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

congrats!!! photog na gyud =)

***
about the nails, i've had my share with akio. they are like that! sige kasamad! and yes i trimmed his nails thrice weekly! one time i clipped his cuticles too and it bled profusely!!! waaah!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP