Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back On My Feet


In the last four months or so, our little world has revolved around Lucas.  Almost everything is about him.  We have adjusted our work schedules, we now carefully choose the places we go, the time of day we leave the house, our activities, even the food I eat!  Time also seems so short.  With work and the baby, there seems to be not enough time in a day to do all the things we are meant to do.  Like many others who have had kids, our life has drastically changed.  And there are times that I can't help but miss the life we once had--one that was still fast-paced, yet more unperturbed and stress-free.


I have to admit that on my first couple of weeks back at work, I wasn't really that focused.  Part of me wasn't back yet.  Everyday I worry about Lucas.  I had a lot of things to do at work, but I didn't feel like doing them.  Every once in a while I would glance at the clock and see if it was almost time to leave.  At exactly 5:30, I would storm out of the office and head home, and while driving I was so impatient with traffic--the kind of traffic that I had already been used to, the traffic that had already been a part of my day-to-day.  This wasn't me anymore, I wasn't myself!

Recently, I had to travel to our head office in Minnesota.  I wasn't excited for it because the thought of leaving Lucas made me very anxious.  Little did I know that this trip was going to change everything.  

And so I traveled and left Lucas with Charles and his "Nana" for three whole days.  Sure, I missed him a lot!  But it was also then that I realized how much I missed work and how much I missed traveling!  I missed the feel of flying, the convenience of a hotel, of king-size bed and ultra plush pillows that I don't have to share with anyone.  I missed going to the office and not having to drive myself.  I missed going to meetings and conferences and brainstorming with extremely smart people.  And as an added bonus, I got to sleep straight through the night and didn't have to wake up until my alarm went off in the morning!  YES!!!

The trip was very productive, and I came back feeling that I now have a lot of direction.  Now, my energy is on a different level.  I am myself again!  I am back on my feet and ready to face more challenges as they come!  

I no longer consider work as my main job.  It is now second to parenting!  Life after Lucas is the greatest and I don't want to go back to being without him.  But you gotta turn around and glance every so often and work has allowed me to do that.  It is an outlet through which I can get a glimpse of the life that once was--the life that I had before I took on the greatest of responsibilities.
_____________

Photo:  My sister trying on a pair of purple booties that I brought back from my trip and my nephew now starting to walk


6 comments:

JoPiE September 21, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

omg, LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!!!

sounds to me like you have the best of both worlds, cuz. i'm glad that you are finding the right balance between work and parenting this early. you are going to be GREAT at both, as i've always known you will be. keep it up, mommy! :-)

konsuy September 21, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

you can enjoy both world, liz. finding the right balance is the key. never turn back, it is forward forward from here.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography September 21, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

great work mommy liz... my hats off to you for being a strong woman... you're on the right track my friend!

very pretty shoes by the way =)

Liza September 21, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

JoPiE said...

...sounds to me like you have the best of both worlds, cuz. i'm glad that you are finding the right balance between work and parenting this early. you are going to be GREAT at both, as i've always known you will be. keep it up, mommy! :-)

_____________

Hala cuz, how funny--I was going to title this blog "the best of both worlds" kay Hannah Montana kunuhay, hehe! But I changed it because it wasn't appropriate. I don't think I have the best of both worlds--not just yet! But I'm content and happy with where I am and trying to make the most of it! Thanks for your very kind words! =)

Liza September 21, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

konsuy said...

...you can enjoy both world, liz. finding the right balance is the key. never turn back, it is forward forward from here.

_____________

Hi Chi, I really don't have a choice, do I? Hehe! In my case though, it's hard not to look back because for quite some time, I enjoyed just taking care of myself and not having to worry about others--kana bang I can just do anything, wala'y magbuot! But I think I have found a way to balance work and personal life and right now, I'm really happy!

Liza September 21, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Cindy said...

...great work mommy liz... my hats off to you for being a strong woman... you're on the right track my friend!

very pretty shoes by the way =)

____________

Thank you Cinds! This means a lot to me, especially coming from someone who has successfully raised two beautiful daughters! My hats off to YOU! =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP