Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In A Nutshell...


The past week flew by like a breeze, and this week is equally going fast.  My last few days have been very interesting, and I mean it in a positive way (hmm...some are not so positive).  


Lots going on, but here's how it's been in a nutshell...
  • Finally went back to work with mixed emotions.  I am still getting over my parents' departure.  On the other hand, work got me distracted.
  • It was so hard to leave home and Lucas on my first day back at work, but knowing Charles was there with him for the week made me feel a lot better.
  • My boys bonded so well!  Charles said he is so glad he stayed home that week.  I think he is enjoying fatherhood a lot.  He seems very happy.  And I'm happy that he's happy!
  • It was my first time to be away from work that long.  I thought it'd be strange going back and that I'd be terribly missing home.  But when I stepped in to the office, for some reasons I felt so happy.   I felt myself again!  I didn't realize how much I missed work and my colleagues.
  • Oh and walking around the city, in my high heels, and not dragging a big fat tummy felt AWESOME!
  • My job has evolved.  My new role is less Finance and more Product Management, which I like better.  I am very excited!  They are giving me a new title too!  I can only wish this change comes with more money, but I guess not.  But that's ok!  I cannot ask so much--not during these difficult economic times.  Heck, I'm just happy I still have a job!
  • Finally found Lucas a nanny!  YIPEEEEE!!!  I just hope she works out (fingers crossed).
  • My cousin J has gestational diabetes.  Although this was expected, I still feel sorry for her. I hope she can manage this with just diet, and not have to take insulin shots like me and my sister.  I am looking forward to her baby shower!
  • Lucas cried the hardest for the first time last night.  I don't know if it was tummy ache, hunger, the many strangers around him or mere tantrums.  But whatever it was, it was enough to scare the hell out of me!  I tried to look composed and under control, but I was really worried sick!  By the way, it happened at my aunt's place when Lucas met his nanny for the first time.  My little dude made quite an impression!

***

Photo:  A dead anthurium at Gilroy Gardens, Gilroy, California

6 comments:

Lynette September 2, 2009 at 4:50 AM  

Hah! The whole time I was reading your post, I kept wondering unsa na ang picture. =) Until the very end. hehehe!

Welcome back to the working community, Liz. =)And good luck juggling mommyhood, with work and family. =)

konsuy September 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

charles is so father like (its an age thing or just natural), i know he will do well. lucky for lucas.

and welcome back to the workforce. hope jopie will be fine.

take care and kiss lucas from all of us

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography September 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

that's a lot of turn out events within the week liz... but i am glad they're mostly positive.

lucky you, you found a nanny... i am so jealous =)

seriously, i am happy everything so far is doing well in your end mommy liz! keep that hopes high and whisper some prayer to bro --- i am sure everything will turn out well.

photosandmemos September 3, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

hi Liz!!! welcome back to the world of the workers,haha=) im glad youre enjoying it, at least theres some incentive that youre enjoying it, because you want to be distracted, and not be checking on Lucas every single minute=)

i hope things will be as easy with the transition with your hubby going to work, and leaving Lucas to the sitter..

im sorry to hear about J, but i hope she knows, theres so much people here in the UK who have gestational diabetes and they are managing well even with insulin..and their baby and the moms are fine..*hugs to both of you* =)

JoPiE September 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

hi cuz!

thanks for praying that i won't have to take insulin shots. i'm keeping my fingers crossed too! today was a good day. all my test strips came out with good numbers. i hope i keep it up. having to do insulin shots would be very cumbersome, i think.

i am so happy that things turned out so well for you, both at work and at the homefront. i'm sure the nanny will like it at your place. you and charles are two of the nicest people on earth! and lucas is so adorable -- i'm sure she'll be so taken by him. :-)

chel, thanks for the wonderful words. they mean a lot. *hugs hugs*

Mommy Blogs September 5, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

you're back at work na diay... who is taking care of baby lucas now?

i am excited for jops also! if only naa ko sa baby shower, it would have been awesome!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP