Monday, September 28, 2009

For you, son...


Today, as I was sorting through Lucas' clothes, trying to put away the ones that will no longer fit, I found myself looking at his newborn clothes and be amazed at how tiny they are.  I couldn't help but wonder, "how on earth did he fit into these clothes???".


And then it hit me--my baby has grown!  And soon enough--before I even know it, he'll be a baby no more!  It's going to come faster than I have ever imagined, and somehow it saddens me.

There are times when I wish he could grow faster--that he could soon talk, walk and play.  But other times I wish he'll just stay where he is and just be my baby forever!

My dearest boy Lucas, you have no idea how very fond I am of you!  Your dad is too!  I wish you can just be my baby forever, but I realize you'll grow and thrive, and you should!  Do mommy and daddy a favor--when you're old enough to understand, know it in your heart that you are very much loved and cared for.  You are our most precious possession!

Do well, my son.  Do well...

5 comments:

Shutterfairy September 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I kept my boys baptism clothes Liz and I can still remember how chubby their arms and legs were.. Murag chorizo.. I miss holding them in my arms and carrying them around.

Enjoy every moment with Lucas. Makuratan nalang ka dako na kaayo and he won't need your help as much as he did when he was still small.

konsuy September 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

enjoy every moment with lucas gyud. every year is a new experience. it is a joy indeed. tell me about it again when he gets to 15. hehehe

JoPiE September 29, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

it's really true what they say noh, babies do really grow up fast! i was looking at lucas' pictures when we first visited him -- and he was so tiny then!

thrive, dear lucas! you are very much loved...

photosandmemos October 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

he is soooo cute!!! =) kalami paakon=)


Liz, keep writing (about Lucas) because one day, when he's old enough, he will read this and would feel your love so abundantly..


*Hugs*

Aileen October 4, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

what a heartwarming entry, liz! i know you'd be proudest to see him grow, thrive, do well...

this is such a beautiful photo of him. =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP