Friday, January 15, 2010

Ten for 2010


2007 was a year of weddings.  2008 was a year of travels.  2009 was a year of babies.  I wonder what 2010 will be!

Checking off the majority of my 2009 wishes got me keyed up for a 2010 list.  So here they are (in no particular order):

1.  A healthy Lucas.  Lucas was in perfectly good health for 2009.  I hope it continues.

2.  A real vacation.  A trip to somewhere nice and relaxing, somewhere I've never been.

3.  To see my parents again.  Preferably in the Philippines.  Since I came to the US about 9 years ago, I've always been going home every year.  2009 was the only exception when I had a baby.

4.  A promotion.  Doesn't hurt to dream :-)

5.  A visit from one of our friends or close relatives from outside the country.  Something I didn't check off last year--hope it happens this year.

6.  Be 10 pounds lighter.  I'm still 10 pounds heavier than my ideal weight--really need to shed off these extra pounds!

7.  To learn something new.  Anything new--be it snowboarding, pole dancing, a new language, a new sport, a new hobby--anything!

8.  A green card for my sister.  Or at least to get the process started.

9.  Another niece or nephew.  This time maybe from my brother?

10.  A wish granted for Charles.  Whatever it is that he wishes for-- a wish granted for him is a wish granted for me.

My eyes closed, my fingers crossed, I imagine blowing a candle, pulling a wish bone, tossing a coin at a wishing well.  I call unto thee, good spirits of the universe--smile at me and make all my wishes a reality!

8 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography January 15, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

very inspiring entry liz... maka-relate ko sa uban nimong wishes uyyy, LOL {# 3 and 6}.

i know you'll check them off by the end of the year liz.. just take one day at a time =)

great macro shot by the way. unsa lens gamit nimo ani liz?

Liza January 15, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Cindy said...
very inspiring entry liz... maka-relate ko sa uban nimong wishes uyyy, LOL {# 3 and 6}.

i know you'll check them off by the end of the year liz.. just take one day at a time =)

great macro shot by the way. unsa lens gamit nimo ani liz?

Hi Cinds! Really hope I can check them all of by year's end, with # 6 hopefully mid-year, hehehe!

I used a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro lens. Di ba you have one of those?

JoPiE January 17, 2010 at 12:35 AM  

what a beautiful list, cuz! here's wishing all of these get checked off by the end of the year. :-)

konsuy January 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

praying & wishing with you.

photosandmemos January 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

wishing with you...i know a lot of these will be ticked off before you know it...
i feel your number 3..i just saw my family, but i want to come back again,LOL..

lovely photo Liz...i need to get myself a macro lens gyud=)

Liza January 28, 2010 at 5:28 PM  

JoPiE said...
what a beautiful list, cuz! here's wishing all of these get checked off by the end of the year. :-)


Thank you, cuz! I'm about to check off one of them! :-)

Liza January 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

konsuy said...
praying & wishing with you.


Daghang Salamat, Chi!

Liza January 28, 2010 at 5:30 PM  

...lovely photo Liz...i need to get myself a macro lens gyud=)

Thank you Chel! Sige, palit dayon macro lens and then share dayon your macro shots para ma-inspire na pud ko! Right now, I hardly use my macro lens.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP