Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Lovely Weekend



When my long vacation was over, it felt like my entire summer was over too.  But just as I got my vibe back to working, I realized that I don't really need to take a long time-off to feel like vacationing again. Afterall, we are not even halfway through the summer here. And all I need are the weekends to enjoy it, or what's left of it.

There are so many things to do and so many places to see here in the summer.  One of our favorites is Lake Tahoe. It's only a 3-hour drive away from our place. The idea of Tahoe didn't really appeal to me at first, especially after coming back from a long tropical vacation. But we had a raincheck on a cabin up in Tahoe from last Christmas. We were planning on a ski trip back in the winter but cancelled it at the last minute after we learned that my sister's father-in-law had died and they had to make an emergency trip back to the Philippines. My brother-in-law is from Ilocos.

My booking for a 4-bedroom cabin was non-refundable, but luckily the owner agreed to give us a raincheck that we could use anytime the place was vacant.  I almost forgot about it until last week. The owner emailed me that she was selling the place and suggested we use the cabin soon. Once she sells it, we could no longer use our raincheck.  So, without much planning, my sister and I and our families decided to drive up to Tahoe for the weekend.

The nice thing about impromptu trips is that you don't have everything planned to the minute. We did have a rough plan of how to spend the weekend there, but we weren't holding ourselves to a schedule. We did what we felt like doing. We were flexible. We had only one goal--to relax and enjoy Tahoe in the summer.  But there are so many ways to enjoy summer in Tahoe. You could go hiking, biking, boating, swimming, gambling, sightseeing or just have a picnic by the lake. I am happy to report that we did everything except hiking and gambling--all in one weekend!  And in the end, we had a lot of fun and we still came home relaxed.

Will share more photos soon.

4 comments:

kookooforcocopuffs July 14, 2012 at 6:34 AM  

ahh Lake tahoe is one of the very few US places i want to visit ;-)

Liza July 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
ahh Lake tahoe is one of the very few US places i want to visit ;-)


Knowing your love for charming places, I'm sure you will love Tahoe. When you come here, Chel, I will take you there!

Aileen July 16, 2012 at 5:27 AM  

Although I am quite OC about travel plans, I like impromtu trips, too. There are a lot of wonderful surprises in unplanned trips. :) Love this family photo! :)

Liza August 30, 2012 at 1:27 AM  

Aileen said...
Although I am quite OC about travel plans, I like impromtu trips, too. There are a lot of wonderful surprises in unplanned trips. :) Love this family photo! :)


Thank you, Ai! I wish you can visit us here someday! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP