Saturday, July 14, 2012

Success


I must give myself a pat on the back.  I've been living a healthy lifestyle for almost two years now, did lose weight as a result of it and maintained my weight at goal.

Ok. I did slip once in a while. Earlier this year, I went back up to 130 lbs.  But I quickly shed the pounds off before it went out of control.  And now I must admit, rather proudly, that I look fantastic in my vacation photos.

So as I was browsing through our photos earlier today, while I had my brother giggling on the phone [my siblings and I do that all the time--look at photos together while on the phone and laugh, make fun of, or compliment ourselves], I couldn't help but feel ecstatic about how my body has changed.

Yes, those are my abs right there! I didn't cut my head in Photoshop and put it in someone else's body, or vice versa.  I do actually have a 6-pack now (I did count the packs and there are indeed six of them, hehe), would you believe it? Well, it's in there somewhere, I promise.  And sometimes it shows, like in this photo, when I get lucky and some amount of lighting, shadows and the right angle, along with some holding of breath, work together to give me such a flattering look!  Of course I hold my breath to tuck my tummy in!  Heck, even models with perfect bodies do the same when they have their photos taken.  Why shouldn't we?

Like my friend Chelo who recently blogged about her ongoing success with weight loss, I owe this look to exercise (mine is just cardio and pilates), a balanced diet, and discipline--lots and lots of discipline.  It helps to have a disciplined husband who knows exactly what "moderation" is. He inspires me too!  I have yet to do better with getting the right amount of sleep, but I'll get there.

I am inspired--yesterday by Chelo's blog and today by this photo.  I am beyond motivated.  I am committed to be in it for the long haul, for life.  It took a lot of hard work to get to this, turning back is no longer an option.

Join me in raising a glass.  To being healthy and looking good!!!  :-)


6 comments:

kookooforcocopuffs July 14, 2012 at 5:49 AM  

OMG!!! you look great,Liz;-) and im glad,you have to admit, this photo of yours shows how much you have been very disciplined ;-)

love it!;-) keep it up...keep inspiring;-)

konsuy July 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM  

vavavoom, na inspired gyud ko mag exercise. i will just have to read yours and chelo's blog daily para pang motivate. you always look fabulous liz. fans club ko nimo ever.

Liza July 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
OMG!!! you look great,Liz;-) and im glad,you have to admit, this photo of yours shows how much you have been very disciplined ;-)

love it!;-) keep it up...keep inspiring;-)


Thank you, Chel! You have inspired me too--in a lot of ways, especially as it relates to living a healthy life!

Liza July 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM  

konsuy said...
vavavoom, na inspired gyud ko mag exercise. i will just have to read yours and chelo's blog daily para pang motivate. you always look fabulous liz. fans club ko nimo ever.


What I love about you most, Chi, is your energy. I often say, I wish I had Chichi's energy--Charles is a witness to this. I am glad I have motivated you in some way. I wish you were closer so we can go dancing together. That would have been really fun! Thank you kaayo!

Aileen July 16, 2012 at 5:25 AM  

You do look fantastic, Liz! I admire your discipline! You and Chelo are such inspirations! :)

Liza July 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM  

Aileen said...
You do look fantastic, Liz! I admire your discipline! You and Chelo are such inspirations! :)


Thank you, Ai! My challenge is keeping to the routine. Lisud gyud usahay. But seeing good results of our hard work and getting noticed just feels really good. It keeps me going.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP