Friday, July 6, 2012

Rebirth


Wow! I can't believe it's been two months and I hadn't posted a thing. I mean, really? In the past, I've seen myself so many times starting something new and never finishing it. Well, it happens. But there are three things that I promised myself I would keep going with: photography, exercise and blogging. Sadly, blogging is slowly falling off the list and is hanging by a very fine, delicate thread.

It annoys me when the husband tells me that I spend way too much time on Facebook. My initial reaction, which I don't say to him, is always, "Well, aren't we the same? I see you on Facebook a lot too! Just because you don't post anything doesn't mean you are not there lurking!" Really!  Sometimes he is even more updated about my friends than I am. And when I tell him about something interesting that I see on FB, more often than not, he's already seen it. So go figure!

Ok, yes. I admit I'm being defensive.

But I'm afraid he's right about something, and I feel that I have to change that. Free time isn't a lot so when I spend too much time on one thing, another gets neglected. I would rather spend more time in this space and less time on Facebook. And here why...
  1. Blogging tells me so much more about my friends than what I can see on their wall, their photos and shout-outs.
  2. Blogging allows me to read and think and learn. I feel the exact opposite with Facebook.
  3. I feel that I have to think three times before posting something on my wall or making a comment: "Is this the right thing to say? Will I offend anyone? Will somebody else see this other than the ones I'd like to show this to?" With blogging, I feel more empowered to say what I want to say and nobody will judge me.
  4. Facebook doesn't challenge me at all. Writing does. And when I overcome a challenge (meaning I actually complete a blog post, hehe), the satisfaction that comes with it is so much better than any nice thing said to me or about me on Facebook.
When I met Aileen, she told me I should blog more. She said I write well, which I don't hear a lot from other people. I find writing so difficult, which is why I don't like it. But when Aileen Siroy--one who has a travel column and a celebrated blog, and one who has been published quite a bit--tells you to write, how can you not be flattered?  I've been thinking about what she said ever since she said it, and I can't help but be inspired once again.

Chichi paved the way for this blog to be created. Now, Aileen is giving it a rebirth!  Thank you to both of you!  More to come from me... I promise.

***

Photo: A nice gift from Aileen.  Thank you, Ai! :-)

4 comments:

konsuy July 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM  

i so miss updating my blog too and it does make sense everything you just said.nalingaw ko sa imong story about charles. maka relate kaayo ko kay pareho kaayo sila ni roland. hehe

i'm glad you are back liz.

Liza July 9, 2012 at 11:26 PM  

konsuy said...
i so miss updating my blog too and it does make sense everything you just said.nalingaw ko sa imong story about charles. maka relate kaayo ko kay pareho kaayo sila ni roland. hehe

i'm glad you are back liz.


I like it here, Chi! And I've shared so many stories and memories here, it'll be such a waste for me to abandon it. And I realize that apart from reading my friends' blogs, I really love reading my old blogs too. So I have to keep writing so I'll have more blogs to read in the future! Hehe

Aileen July 16, 2012 at 5:35 AM  

I have the same thoughts about blogging vis-a-vis FB or twitter. Our blogs are like our homes. Here, we can write our thoughts and feelings and still feel safe. :)

I am really glad you are blogging often now. :) And believe me, you write incredibly well! :)

Liza August 30, 2012 at 1:30 AM  

Aileen said...
I have the same thoughts about blogging vis-a-vis FB or twitter. Our blogs are like our homes. Here, we can write our thoughts and feelings and still feel safe. :)

I am really glad you are blogging often now. :) And believe me, you write incredibly well! :)


This comment of yours, Ai, is so inspiring! I will try and blog more. I like it here. It is a safe place for me! Thank you, again, for the encouragement and the inspiration!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP