Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lost Too!


Speaking of lost, a man whom we once knew as a good shepherd has gone astray.

A scandal erupted in our parish this week. Imagine our shock when we were informed at mass on Sunday that one of the three priests in our beloved parish of St. Isabella has been arrested and in jail for inappropriate behavior.  Without knowing any details, the first thing that came to my mind was, "this better not involve a minor!" Thank God, it didn't (as far as we know)!

The story is now all over the local news. If you want to know more, read here.  I would only caution you that it's not a nice read at all! And for those of you who respect and value the sacredness of the priesthood, you might find this sickening!

This was not only a big blow to us parishioners of St. Isabella, this was a huge disappointment to our Filipino community here. Yes, he is a Filipino priest, to make matters worse.

I know we're all humans. We make mistakes and we all have our limitations. I am in no position to judge. But there is such a thing as common sense and a human's ability to distinguish right from wrong. I can only wish that he had used it before doing what he did. We all have our share of sacrifices, and I know that committing to a vocation like his requires a lot of it. I only wish he had sacrificed a little more for the greater good.

May God pardon him, be with him in this trying time and lead him to a better path.  I pray.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP