Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rafael

Today, I made a new commitment. Commitment to becoming active--to living a healthy life. Commitment to exploring our beautiful neighborhood, city and county.

Along with that commitment came Rafael, my new road bike. I've considered riding since summer of last year, but I waited and waited and waited, hoping that I can convince the husband to join me in this journey. I didn't think I was going to be successful if I ride alone. I know it was going to be more fun if done with a peer, partner or a group. But after a year of convincing, sometimes renting bikes so we could both try riding together, he is still not sold to the idea of biking. He said he would rather just run. He used to be a runner back in the days.

Finally, I just made up my mind to just go for it. My will is strong and I think I can be in this for the long haul even if I were to do this journey alone.  Besides, it was quite a big investment to acquire Rafael. I have to recoup that investment by riding as often as I can and getting the most mileage out of him.

Today, I took Rafael out for our first ride. We were out for only less than an hour but it was awesome. He is so light yet sturdy and smooth. It almost felt like we were off the ground instead of on it. It's only day one, but Rafael is already proving to be one great buddy of mine!


2 comments:

konsuy August 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

wow, liz. maka ibog imong rafael. i need big time motivation. i am slacking. enjoy your journey, dear. i'm sure mosamot na gyud ka ka sexy ana.

Liza August 22, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

konsuy said...
wow, liz. maka ibog imong rafael. i need big time motivation. i am slacking. enjoy your journey, dear. i'm sure mosamot na gyud ka ka sexy ana.


Maayo unta, Chi! Ang problema, makagutom man sad diay kaayo ang cycling. Maayo kaayo akong appetite after. Unya mura'g nagsalig na ko, daghan kaayo ko ug makaon. But I am enjoying this a lot, I think I'm gonna be in it for the long haul! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP