Sunday, August 12, 2012

On Wedding Photography

I've known it before, but now I am even more convinced--

--that Wedding Photography isn't for me.

Two weekends ago, I was second-shooting for my cousin J, who covered her first wedding gig.  When she first asked me to shoot with her, I said "Sure!" without any hesitation.  It was not because I was confident in my ability to do a good job, but because it was a privilege for me to shoot next to my cousin on a real life event.

I have never believed in my ability to do wedding photography, and I thought that maybe the experience would change my mind about it.  I was wrong.

Those who have done this I think will agree with me that it's laborious, stressful and exhausting. But those who have the passion for it will find a way to make it fun and rewarding. That's the part I couldn't do. At the end of the day, my entire body ached and it went on for days. And while others would say, "it was worth it", I was thinking "I would never do this again".

I'd say half of my photos were fine. The other half were bad and some were just simply unusable. The photos I'm sharing here are among those I consider the good ones. I only hope I didn't disappoint my cousin too much!
I was assigned to the groom (thank God!) during the preparation, so most of my photos were that of the groom and his men.

The groom's dad was so much fun to photograph. He loved the camera and he was very cooperative, especially with the "acting" part (not all of the candid shots were really "candid". I had to let them act out some of them). I found it a little too uncomfortable at first being in the room with all men, but the old man made me feel very at ease.

I must say he's a good-looking groom.


The groom, like most, didn't really need so much time to prepare. So I still had a little bit of time with the bride too.


After the wedding (before the reception), we had to drive an hour (each way) to a winery for the bridal party photoshoot. My cousin and I didn't think it was a good idea and she tried hard to convince the bride not to do it. But the bride insisted and because it's her day, we had to let her be. We ended up with some good shots in a very nice setting, but the couple ended up having really upset, starving guests!





0 comments:

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP