Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Countdown to Christmas


1.5 months before Christmas: Christmas Cards

Last year, we sent out Christmas cards early in December but our family and friends in the Philippines did not receive them until February. Yeah--seriously!

So I have decided that this year I am going to send Christmas cards early--as early as mid-November for those going out to the Philippines and early December for those going out to other countries.

I enjoy making cards myself but it takes a lot of time, and art materials here are expensive. So instead I just design them with the help of iPhoto or online tools like Shutterfly or Kodak Gallery. To me, sending cards are so personal so I make it even more personal by using photos. I used to find photocards so cheesy but I later learned to like them and appreciate the efforts put into them.

This year I am even more excited about our card because we are going to have a baby in the picture! I didn't waste time buying Lucas a Christmas hat for the photoshoot as well as another Christmas outfit so I have options. I take photos of him every chance I get and when I have enough photos to choose from, I'll pick one of them for our Christmas card.

I am lucky enough to have a baby who loves being in front of the camera. I just hope he won't change. He smiles a lot and believe me, he follows instructions too--as if he understands. When I took the photo above, I let him grab his feet, told him to hold it steady (so his assets won't show) and then smile. And he did just that! This is one of my favorite shots of him!

I haven't decided if I'll use this photo for the card. I might pick one where he's not showing too much skin or I might use a family photo. We'll see...

11 comments:

JoPiE October 14, 2009 at 1:40 AM  

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! this is too cute for words!!! send me the xmas card na, cuz!

how about a photoshoot for halloween, cuz? that would be awesome too! :-)

Shutterfairy October 14, 2009 at 3:23 AM  

Wow..that's a nice idea Liz.
I want to bite Lucas.

Aileen October 14, 2009 at 7:00 AM  

This is one of my fave photos of him! He's so adorable!

Have the cutest, loveliest, happiest Christmas, Liz!

Liza October 14, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

JoPiE said...
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! this is too cute for words!!! send me the xmas card na, cuz!

how about a photoshoot for halloween, cuz? that would be awesome too! :-)

_____________

Thanks cuz! As in, human na gyud akong Christmas cards--this early! Hehe. I just need to order them and get them printed.

Oh, I am so looking forward to a Halloween photoshoot! Lucas has an outfit na. I am actually taking him to work that day. You know how there were so many pregos at work this year? We all have our babies na and we're bringing all the babies to work that day. I'll be taking photos of them in their cute little Halloween outfits! Care to join? :-)

Liza October 14, 2009 at 10:28 AM  

Mai.Mai said...

Wow..that's a nice idea Liz.
I want to bite Lucas.

_____________

Daghan na pinaakan si Lucas, Mai. Hehe.

Your hubby back yet?

Liza October 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Aileen Siroy said...

This is one of my fave photos of him! He's so adorable!

Have the cutest, loveliest, happiest Christmas, Liz!

_____________

Thank you Ai! And same to you--have a lovely Christmas wherever and however you plan on celebrating it! I look forward to your celebration photos!

konsuy October 14, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

it won't take long that lucas will get to be gap's baby model. hehehe.
i wish i wish some agent is gonna find his photo gyud. he is so adorable. pwede ra pud ug commercial sa diaper. =)

Liza October 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

konsuy said...
it won't take long that lucas will get to be gap's baby model. hehehe.
i wish i wish some agent is gonna find his photo gyud. he is so adorable. pwede ra pud ug commercial sa diaper. =)

_____________

Hahaha! Chi, maayo diay ni butangan ug caption, "Got Diaper?"

Speaking of promotions/commercials, the vendor who sold us Lucas' hat asked if she can post this photo to her website, her blog and facebook page, in exchange for free items. Of course I agreed. Will send the link in a different blog.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography October 14, 2009 at 9:28 PM  

as what i've mention through your flickr acct, this is my fave liz... love the composition here a lot. that cheesy smile makes this photo a postcard --- very natural [perfect]. And the showing of skin is just fine, it's like kiddie candid style. i am so excited, you have your own in house model now too... isn't it fun!!!

photosandmemos October 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Liz, that photo is tooo cute beyond words=) he is beautiful your boy=)and my golly, isnt he a poser?

congrats on a wonderful job, being the photographer mommy=)

Liza October 23, 2009 at 7:09 AM  

Cindy said...

... i am so excited, you have your own in house model now too... isn't it fun!!!

_____________

Thank you Cinds! Isn't it great to have a house model??? You are so lucky because you have two and they are so adorable!

BTW, thanks for introducing me to the Creative Photo Props for Babies. I got a LOT of ideas from there! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP