Sunday, October 11, 2009

LongSiLog

The hub and I made breakfast together this morning. Yes, he does help with the cooking sometimes--when (1) he wants to chat while I'm cooking, (2) he feels like learning how to cook, or (3) he's too hungry and he sees that I'm not close to serving food. Reason #1 is the most common and that was why he helped today. I like it when he's in kitchen while I cook. I find that it's a good way to spend quality time with each other.


This is what we ended up with...


Longanisa (Sausage), Sinangag (Fried Rice) and Itlog (Egg) or Longsilog. I was in the mood for Pinoy breakfast. I wanted to cook Bulad (Dried Fish) but it was too cold to cook outside (I always cook Bulad outside so the house won't stink).

We usually just have bread for breakfast because it's quick and easy. But once in a while we'll have a real meal--and a real Filipino meal at that. It's just one of those things we do to bring us closer to home.

5 comments:

konsuy October 11, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

if i was there. wala na kay ma photograph. this will be gone in a second. =)

lami-a oi.

JoPiE October 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

cuz, last week, i kept eating longganisa and eggs with rice. i was so done with wheat bread! hehehe. happy cooking and eating! :-)

Shutterfairy October 11, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

the pic looks like an add for longsilog.. hehe.

Aileen October 12, 2009 at 2:36 AM  

quality time + yummy pinoy food, i like that. =)

this is making me hungry!

photosandmemos October 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

you just made me remember i have longsilog in the freezer,lOL=)

im so hungry na nuon Liz=)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP