Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catching Up


As some of you may have noticed in my Facebook account, I am catching up on baby photos. I am a little bummed that I didn't take lots of glamour shots of Lucas and Nathan when they were smaller--when they were sleepier and fuzzier, when presumably it was easier to have them pose.


But I guess I haven't really missed the window of opportunity that much. I like it that Lucas can now look at the camera and smile. And when he is sleeping, he doesn't wake up so easily when I move him so I can still pretty much do whatever I want, including setting him up with a cute pose. I guess I got lucky because he does cooperate and I am taking full advantage of it before he changes and becomes camera-shy (I heard most little boys do).

***

This photo of Lucas made it to etsy.com. This is where I bought his Christmas hat. The vendor asked if I can send a photo of her product being used and so I did. The vendor liked the photo and so she asked if she can use it on her web page. In exchange for it, she will give me a free hat of my choice--anything I like, even a customized one. I liked the idea of a trade! And the free hat would only mean another good photo opp. Besides that, the winter is coming and Lucas can definitely use a nice hat to keep his head warm.

The very day the vendor posted the photo, she sold out her Christmas hats! She asked for my website so she can promote my work. I said I don't have one so she featured me in her blog instead. She called me a "photographer". She is very kind.

***

About 15 minutes ago, my cousin gave birth to a healthy, bouncy baby boy. I have been monitoring her progress all day and I am so relieved that she is finally through it. I am so thrilled for her and her hubby and so excited to meet their little guy. I can't wait for her baby photos!

_____________

Photo: Lucas showing his angelic (kuno) pose. Because of this photo, my colleagues are now calling him "Baby Einstein" for obvious reasons. I hope he will get Einstein's brain too! :-)

12 comments:

photosandmemos October 23, 2009 at 1:38 AM  

i sooo love this photo=) its soooo cute=)your Lucas is so beautiful, and he is a photographer's baby=)

well done mommy photographer=)

Shutterfairy October 23, 2009 at 2:17 AM  

wowowowwww... proud of you.

but wait.. are you referring to Jopai?

Liza October 23, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

photosandmemos said...
i sooo love this photo=) its soooo cute=)your Lucas is so beautiful, and he is a photographer's baby=)

_____________

Thank you, thank you Chel! Need to practice 'coz I think it will just get harder and harder to photograph kids as they get older. Like my nephew, who is 6 months older--lihukan na kaayo. He can't keep steady so it's really hard to get a descent photo of him now :-(

Liza October 23, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

Mai.Mai said...
wowowowwww... proud of you.

but wait.. are you referring to Jopai?

_____________

Thank you, Mai!

YES, YES! I am referring to Jopie. She gave birth to a very handsome baby boy yesterday--3 weeks earlier than her due date. She posted some photos at FB. Check it out! :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography October 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

ohhh, this is so cute liz... lucas has painted his personality here.

i am glad you got the hang of baby glamour shots, don't we get so excited especially baby pa nato ato-ang models... keep it coming mommy liz!!!

Liza October 24, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

Makalingaw bitaw ang glamour shot, Cinds, especially when they holds that pose that you want them to do--I get so excited! I don't know about you but I find it really hard. It takes time and lots and lots of patience to get the perfect shot.

Thanks, BTW, for introducing me to the Baby Photography group at Flickr. I'm finding lots of inspiration from there.

Aileen October 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

this holds the number spot in my Lucas Fave photos! he is just so super cute!

so happy for Jopie! i can't wait for her to blog about baby benjamin! =)

and congrats, liz! i've always admired your photographs. and it's just right that you get published! =) *proud hugs*

Liza October 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Aileen Siroy said...

...so happy for Jopie! i can't wait for her to blog about baby benjamin! =)

and congrats, liz! i've always admired your photographs. and it's just right that you get published! =) *proud hugs*

_____________

Thank you Ai for complimenting my photographs! My heart swells when I get compliment from people like you whom I get a lot of inspiration from. I get encouraged to practice more and click more :-)

I am very excited as well to hear more and see photos of Baby Benjamin.

konsuy October 26, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

liz, when i saw this photo, i swear this is my favorite of them all. lucas is lucky to have a mom who takes really good photos. at least when he grows old, he will not hide his baby photos. =)
ipa-apil imong photos ug contest liz oi. they are so worthy of being viewed by all.

Liza October 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

konsuy said...

...at least when he grows old, he will not hide his baby photos. =)
ipa-apil imong photos ug contest liz oi. they are so worthy of being viewed by all.

_____________

This, and the Santa Baby photo are my two most favorite photos of him (so far, hehe--I hope a better one will come out soon).

My point exactly, Chi! Charles gets annoyed when I take photos of Lucas sleeping--especially when I let him pose. Luoy daw kaayo. I'm sure he thinks nga gisamok-samok nako iyang sleep. But I point it out to him that maybe when Lucas is older, he will thank me for these photos because he can look at them and say, "I was cute then.." And at least he will have cute photos to show at his wedding reception, hehehe!

JoPiE November 7, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

cuz, lucas is sooooooooooooo cute! grabe gyud. love love love his lips! lami pa-akon! and you're right, it's never too late to take those glamour shots. they say it's easier with an infant. it's not "that" easy. well, with benjamin, that is. he can be quite cranky. maka-mata man siya hilabtan gud.

keep those photos coming! :-)

Liza November 12, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

JoPiE said...

cuz, lucas is sooooooooooooo cute! grabe gyud. love love love his lips! lami pa-akon! and you're right, it's never too late to take those glamour shots. they say it's easier with an infant. it's not "that" easy. well, with benjamin, that is. he can be quite cranky. maka-mata man siya hilabtan gud.

keep those photos coming! :-)

_____________

Salamat, cuz! I hope to take photos of Lucas again! I just need to find some time. Yeah--some babies are really hard to photograph kay lihukan or dali ra mamata. Last week, I took photos of my colleague's baby girl. I took only very few photos because it was so hard to keep her asleep and steady. But you took very nice photos of Baby Benjamin. I love every single one of them and I look forward to more! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP