Friday, May 22, 2009

A Beautiful Spring Wedding


I didn't think I could make it to this wedding.  It was set too close to my due date and although it takes only an hour drive to get there, being that far away from home and from the hospital still made me a bit nervous.

But the bride is a good friend of mine and I really wanted to see her on one of her happiest days. Also, I couldn't wait to be reunited with my other friends who were coming to the wedding. I felt good that day--fresh (because I had a good night sleep), no contractions, the back pains were mild, and it was bright and sunny outside. And so we went to the wedding and I'm so happy we did.

The groom is Mexican so the wedding had a Latino flair to it. They had a Mariachi band playing almost the entire afternoon. They had lechon on the menu, which I think was a good representation of the Filipino culture. What I liked most about the wedding is how they kept it simple and intimate. And I have to admit, the wedding cake--looking pretty but not-so-elaborate--was the most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted! I had to ask my friend where she got them and I think I'll be ordering special-occasion cake from them from now on (I don't care if I have to drive an hour or two to get it).

I was so happy to be reunited with my friends at the wedding! I shared thoughts with another friend of mine who is pregnant with her second child. We had the grandest time that we ended up going back with our friends to their hotel and going home past midnight.

For a while, I forgot all about the discomforts of full-term pregnancy and the worries of going into labor at any time. I was out there, like the rest of my friends, partying 'til the night was done!

*** Reunited... ***

*** The Newlyweds ***

4 comments:

Shutterfairy May 22, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Lovely photos liza I'll be praying for your safe delivery.

konsuy May 22, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

wow! another beautiful wedding. akoy gikulbaan ug maka anak ka sa sakyanan on your way home. i'm glad you did have a good time. i'm sure your friend appreciated your being there. you are such a sweetie.

Liza May 22, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Thank you Mai! And thanks for the much needed prayers!

Liza May 22, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Hi Chi! Hehe, luckily no baby was born in the car that night. I am so glad I went--nalingaw jud ko, unya nakakaon pa gyud ug lechon! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP