Friday, May 22, 2009

Very Soon... (Week 39)

"Very soon, we will finally meet you and hold you in our arms.
Very soon, you will be coming home with us.
Very soon, I'll be feeding you, bathing you and watching you sleep.
Our little monkey,
Very soon, you'll be changing our lives... forever!
And we can hardly wait."

-Mom and Dad


I am approaching the end of a journey and the beginning of a new one.  The prize is too close at hand I can almost touch, feel and smell it. I am going to be a mom very soon and it's now becoming more exciting than nervewracking!

On my 39th week, I stopped going to work.  I am supposed to be staying home resting, nesting and getting prepped for the big day.  But on the contrary, I end up working longer hours at home than when I was at work.  I get so paranoid about not turning over something important to my backups before going on leave of absence.  So I keep checking my work emails and logging in to work remotely to make sure that I didn't and won't miss anything.  It's not that I don't trust my colleagues.  I work with very competent people and I have not a single doubt that they'll be fine without me.  It's just me--I'm not used to being away from work and knowing I will be away for quite some time.  Maybe I'm just bored and maybe this will change as soon as the baby turns up.

I am a little bummed that I have a few more days to go and I still don't have pregnancy photos with Charles.  I can't believe that we've had months to do it and still we couldn't fix a time and get our photos taken.  I know he's not so fond of photo sessions--I had to drag him to our engagement photoshoot.  He would rather be taking photos than be on them.  But I won't be pregnant forever and this might just happen to us once, so I really hope we'll get to do a few clicks before I pop.

Finally, I am hoping that everything will go very well.  And I seek your help, my dear friends, to pray for me, to pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!

7 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography May 22, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

our prayers are with and the baby, also with charles [please don't passed out, ok]. keep us updated... you have my number liz, if there's anything i can be of help just let me know.

btw, loving the photo so much --- great framing of the silhouette =)

Carolyn May 22, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

you will be a mom soon liz:-) I'm so happy for you and for sure I will pray for your safe delivery...


I didn't know that you have blogger account:-) I will keep on visiting here:-)

pls extend my regards to charles, auntie and manoy, lotlot and mayel and richard and gf

Liza May 22, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Thank you Cinds! It's so nice to know somebody who knows a lot about labor and delivery, and an experienced mom herself. Will definitely give you a buzz one of these days.

Liza May 22, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

Hello Ga! Nice to find you here. Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes! Send our best to Roland too!

konsuy May 23, 2009 at 7:05 AM  

will continue gyud to pray for you. excited na pud mi. you are so almost there. love this photo. nice ni siya i-frame.

Liza May 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Salamat Chi! Kuyawan man ko uy! Hehe..

keth May 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

hi liza, congratulations!!!! i heard from jopie the very good news. can't wait to see your little one. it's been ages since the last time i accessed your blog, or any one else's for that matter. i am not even sure if i still remember the password to mine...because it's been that long since i last visited it. it's been so stressful trying to find a house, and we still haven't found one...anyway, enjoy motherhood, and hopefully, when my life resumes normalcy, i can come back here more often to read you. congrats to you and charles.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP