Friday, May 8, 2009

Grateful (Week 37)


This week, I have so much to be thankful for...

My pregnancy has reached a milestone. At 37 weeks, my baby is now in his full term--meaning his lungs have fully matured and he is ready to survive and adjust to life outside of my womb. Even if I'm not due until 2-3 weeks, he could be born anytime now. And so my countdown begins.

***

I had two baby showers this week! My sister, with the help of my mom organized one on Saturday and my aunt threw me another one on Sunday. I am very grateful for all those who came despite the very bad weather--it was pouring most of the weekend.

I thank especially my sister and her family, as well as my mom, for driving two hours from midnight to two in the morning to get to our place early and prepare everything. My sister only had two hours of sleep that day, but she didn't mind. All she cared about was to give me the perfect shower! Sis, I owe you big time!

I also want to thank my generous aunt, Tita Lalang for being so thoughtful. She didn't have to throw me a shower, but she insisted and I had a wonderful time--we all did! I was also touched that my cousin J came despite feeling sick and nauseous. The one-hour drive must have felt horrible for her, yet she showed up in high spirits and looking great as ever. Thank you, cuz!

So many of our guests brought us presents, and they were all wonderful! After we brought home the gifts and opened all of them, we realized there is almost nothing to buy--we pretty much have everything we need! Thank you to all of you generous souls! You know who you are!


***

I survived a tough and stressful week at work. Yes--I am still working and won't be off work for another week, unless I give birth early. It wasn't just the usual crazy month-end. I also had to train the people who will be taking over my responsibilities while I'm on leave of absence. I am grateful to my teammates and colleagues for being so patient and understanding with me and for providing coverage during my regular doctor's visits, which have become more frequent as I get closer to my due date.

***

Last but not least, I am very grateful to my super loving and amazing husband who has been there for me every step of the way. This week I started feeling handicapped--my back hurts and feels like it's almost falling apart, my legs are feeling so much pressure and walking alone is laborious, it's hard to even change sleeping positions let alone get up from a chair or roll out of bed. But Charles has been very supportive--he helps me get up, he wakes up in the middle of the night when I get hungry, he helps me change and he ties my sandals because I could no longer bend and reach my feet. I would not have enjoyed this pregnancy if he wasn't such an amazing partner. Thank you Beybee! I will be a very proud mother to your son!

8 comments:

Shutterfairy May 9, 2009 at 1:22 AM  

happy mothers day liz..the cake is so cute

Liza May 9, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Happy Mothers Day to you Mai! Hope you'll enjoy this special day with your boys :-)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography May 9, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

oww, ang sweet naman ni charles [how come hub never did those out of my 2 pregnancies... hehehe --- i guess because i hate shoes with ties/laces, i am a slip on type shoes person even when i am not pregnant. alright, he did a lot of house work... murag houseboy ba, LOL].
nice to have family and friends around liz, huh.
btw, are you contracting? did your OB check your cervix yet? I am getting excited. keep us posted.

konsuy May 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

hapit na gyud, liz. with all the support you have at home and at work, you should not have anything to worry about. charles jr is so lucky to be surrounded by love. excited na pud ko meet niya, like everyone.

Liza May 11, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Hi Cinds! Been having minor contractions already but I don't think I'm there yet. My doctor thinks I'll be early but maybe not too early. Will keep everyone posted. :-)

Liza May 11, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

I'm getting excited yet anxious sad Chi! I want to give birth soon although I won't be off work until next week. Bug-at na man gud, hehe.

Aileen May 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

So many wonderful things to be grateful about! =) That cake looks absolutely yum!

Your Charles is very sweet. =)

Stay happy and healthy, Liz! *hugs*

Liza May 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Thank you Ai!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP