Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Successful Roast


Dear Tiris,


Thank you for sharing your Roasted Chicken recipe. I tried it tonight and WOW, what a success! It was the juiciest and most flavorful roasted chicken I have ever done (I've roasted chicken before, but none of them even came close to how good this was).

I modified the recipe a bit by using Cornish Game Hen--I think this is the closest we have to native chicken. I roasted two at the same time because Cornish Hen are small. I rubbed the chicken with salt, pepper, rosemarie and garlic powder, and I stuffed it with just spring onions and lemongrass. The smell of lemongrass filled the house, it made my stomach growl the whole time the chicken was roasting.

The sauce I used to baste the chicken was a combination of the drippings, soy sauce, lemon and a little bit of honey, and it gave the skin just a hint of sweetness. Overall, the roasted chicken was so finger-lickin' good, the hub said it was better than Max's. I thought it was waayyy better than Max's. I did not want to leave the dinner table until I finish all of it, but I have to save some for our lunch tomorrow. I cannot wait!

I think I'll be making more roasted chicken in the future. This also inspired the hub to revisit his Soy-braised Chicken, which he does very well, by the way! I thought, "hmmm...bring it on!"

Thanks again and best regards!

Liza

9 comments:

JoPiE November 18, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

cuz, this looks soooooooooo yummy!!! all your dishes are so good, and this is just one of those that i will rave about if i have the privilege to taste it. *i hope, hehe*

kana tiris, maayo gyud na siya moluto. :-)

Liza November 19, 2009 at 12:25 AM  

JoPiE said...
cuz, this looks soooooooooo yummy!!! all your dishes are so good, and this is just one of those that i will rave about if i have the privilege to taste it. *i hope, hehe*

kana tiris, maayo gyud na siya moluto. :-)

_____________

Thanks cuz! Pero hit and miss baya sad nang akong cooking. Oh, the next time you come visit, I'll make you one of these. Just let me know at least a day in advance para maka-marinate pa ko sa chicken overnight! Hehehe...

Shutterfairy November 19, 2009 at 2:24 AM  

Yum yum yum.. i made roast chicken last night. i was hoping for some left overs.. wa naman.

Aileen November 19, 2009 at 2:51 AM  

This looks so yum! I'm done with dinner, but this is making me hungry again! :)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography November 19, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

this really looks yummylicious liz... kung sulti pa sa ako-ang mga girls "yummy to the tummy!!!".

great photo too =)

Liza November 23, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Mai.Mai said...

Yum yum yum.. i made roast chicken last night. i was hoping for some left overs.. wa naman.

_____________

Hi Mai! Heard this recipe originated from you! Salamat ha... :-)

Liza November 23, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

Aileen said...

This looks so yum! I'm done with dinner, but this is making me hungry again! :)

_____________

Basin lutuan ka ni Malou the next time you're in Cebu (hint...hint...) ;->

Liza November 23, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Cindy said...

this really looks yummylicious liz... kung sulti pa sa ako-ang mga girls "yummy to the tummy!!!".

great photo too =)

_____________

Thank you, Cinds! I don't know if you've ever had Manok ni San Pedro from home. That one is really yummylicious! You should try it the next time you visit Bohol. I'm sure your girls will love it too!

Mommy Blogs November 23, 2009 at 11:19 PM  

Liz, lamia ani tanawon uy! Suya ko you found lemongrass. Did you rub butter underneath the skin? Nice touch pud tong honey with the soy sauce, I don't have any at home. I should try it. Yes, cornish hen are tender too... excited nako I will make chicken for thanksgiving. No turkey for our household LOL =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP