Saturday, March 26, 2011

Airbrushing

What to do on a lazy Saturday morning?

It's raining outside.  It's been non-stop since this morning.  The weather forecast says we're supposed to have a storm.  I guess it's not the kind of storm that comes with strong winds, just rain and lots of it.

Lucas is napping right now.  He woke up very early today so my plan to sleep in didn't happen at all.  It wasn't his usual waking up time so immediately after breakfast, he went right back to sleep.  He normally naps for 3 hours, so when he wakes up it will be just about time for his swim class.

So when there's not much to do outside, here I am catching up on blogs, Facebook and editing some old photos while learning some new techniques.

sooc

This photo was taken by Charles. One day, my boss asked me for a headshot.  The good thing about us photography enthusiasts is that we can have new and updated headshots anytime we want.  In the past, it would have taken me time and money to have this done at a studio and you can't redo it once it's done without paying more money.  Now, I just find a clean wall, stand in front of it and have somebody take the shot.  Even our friends benefit from it.  Charles did somebody's passport photo a few weeks ago.

enhanced

I'm also learning how to airbrush.  I've never done it before because every time I try, the photo ends up looking so fake.  This one I think isn't so bad, though I hate what the sharpening tools did to this photo. It added noise to the areas I sharpened and I couldn't get rid of them.  Tips, anyone?

6 comments:

Chelo March 26, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

hi liz;-) can i just say, the orig photo doesnt need much airbrushing. if anything,just evenning out the skin tone (like most magazine shots do)..;-) just my 2 cents;-)

Liza March 27, 2011 at 1:30 AM  

Chelo said...
hi liz;-) can i just say, the orig photo doesnt need much airbrushing. if anything,just evenning out the skin tone (like most magazine shots do)..;-) just my 2 cents;-)


Thanks Chel! I take that as a compliment. Hehehe. Pero klaro kaayo ang mga holes and dents sa nawong uy! Gi-practisan ra ni nako 'coz if I give this photo to somebody who knows me, obvious gyud nga fake! Hehehe...

konsuy March 27, 2011 at 4:20 AM  

i agree with chelo. =)

Aileen March 28, 2011 at 4:46 AM  

True! You don't need airbrushing at all! :)

Liza March 31, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

konsuy said...
i agree with chelo. =)


Chi, kung kakita pa lang ka sa akong nawong, maluoy jud ka. Did I tell you I had chicken pox a few months after the wedding? Maayo gani wala nigawas before sa wedding. Unsaon nalang...

Liza March 31, 2011 at 9:22 PM  

Aileen said...
True! You don't need airbrushing at all! :)


Buotan kaayo ka, Ai! Salamat! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP