Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Recruit

Charles, meet MacBook Pro...


MacBook Pro, meet Charles!

This arrived today.  Not mine, but the hubby's.  Though this is one of those things I would gladly consider "conjugal properties" (grin)!  He promised I can borrow.


Finally, he who was a big fan of IBM Thinkpad (now Lenovo), and has probably been a PC user almost all his life, is now a Mac-convert.  He is my newest recruit to the world of Mac.  I've been asking him to convert for some time now.  A year ago he was looking at getting a new laptop.  I started nudging him to get a MacBook but he refused and got another PC instead.  This time, he finally decided it was time to switch.  Whatever the reason is, I'd like to take credit for it. ;-)


I have nothing against PC.  It works just fine. But to me, Mac is a no-brainer.  Mac and I are a match made in heaven.  If I were to pay for a computer, I'd pay for anything Apple.  I use PC at work because I don't pay for it.

Charles, on the other hand, would look at all possible options and factors first before buying.  And I have to admit--Mac doesn't always make the most sense, technically and financially.  But I go with it because it feels right.

It's only the first day and he's already loving it.  It's light, slick, trendy and smart.  The more he uses it, I'm sure he'll love it more.  I just hope I can still get my hands on it.  Soon.  I can't wait!

10 comments:

JoPiE March 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM  

weeeeeeeh! can't believe charles is now a convert!!!! Ben still isn't. well, a reluctant "user", because of me. he still loves his PC... and i love my Mac. hehe. he always tells me, "form over function, form over function." bahala na, basta i love my Mac. LOL.

kookooforcocopuffs March 22, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Congrats to Charles..welcome to the dark side,haha..Adrian was the one who convinced me to get a Macbook..because he heard from his students how good it is for doing photos and videos..but i got convinced in the end..Although Adrian uses a PC..;-)

Im sure he will love it Liz..and will do ALOT with it,coz he is also into photography right?

konsuy March 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

i love my mac. roland does not want to convert but seeing a lot of graphics requirements in mac, he might just have to convert.
but for me, mac all the way. i find it suits me. no fuss gyud.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography March 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

NICE!!!

no doubt i'll love macbook too liz (dili na kinahanglan i-recruit... we're convince especially being an iphone holder for awhile), it's not financially reasonable for now, especially if our PC's (desktop, notebook, and netbooks) are working fine.

Enjoy you both your new toy.

Aileen March 23, 2011 at 6:11 AM  

That's wonderful! I'm sure he'd love his macbook the more he uses it. :)

Liza March 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

JoPiE said...
weeeeeeeh! can't believe charles is now a convert!!!! Ben still isn't. well, a reluctant "user", because of me. he still loves his PC... and i love my Mac. hehe. he always tells me, "form over function, form over function." bahala na, basta i love my Mac. LOL.


CUZ, i-convert unya nato si Ben! Hehehe. For me, Mac is form AND function. Why you can't have both, right? :-)

Liza March 23, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
Congrats to Charles..welcome to the dark side,haha..Adrian was the one who convinced me to get a Macbook..because he heard from his students how good it is for doing photos and videos..but i got convinced in the end..Although Adrian uses a PC..;-)


Chel, didn't you notice that most men use PC? At least most men I know, except those who are into graphics, arts and photos. I am happy to know that Adrian supports Mac even if he's using PC.

Liza March 23, 2011 at 3:08 PM  

konsuy said...
i love my mac. roland does not want to convert but seeing a lot of graphics requirements in mac, he might just have to convert.
but for me, mac all the way. i find it suits me. no fuss gyud.


I'm with you, Chi! Kung sa ato pa, "hiyang!" Mac all the way! Hehehe...

Liza March 23, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Cindy said...
NICE!!!

no doubt i'll love macbook too liz (dili na kinahanglan i-recruit... we're convince especially being an iphone holder for awhile), it's not financially reasonable for now, especially if our PC's (desktop, notebook, and netbooks) are working fine.

Enjoy you both your new toy.


Hi Cinds, well keep in mind that the life of a computer can only go so far, so when it's time to replace I'm sure you'll think about a Mac! :-)

Liza March 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM  

Aileen said...
That's wonderful! I'm sure he'd love his macbook the more he uses it. :)


Ai, I think he's loving it but I hope he will still let me borrow, hehehe.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP