Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dearest Chichi


Dearest Chichi,

Ten years ago, I knew you as a colleague and a leader.  You weren't my boss but I looked up to you as such because (1) I hated my boss and I wished I was in your team instead, and (2) I saw how effective you were at managing your people.  I once said to myself, "I want to be like her someday--someone that people look up to, someone very well-respected, one who can laugh and joke around with the team and yet still take charge so not under any circumstances one would mess with you!"

I have to admit that you intimidated me.  You are so smart that I had to tiptoe in front of you so I won't say or do something stupid.  I had to behave myself every time you came to the US office because I wanted you to see only the good in me and not the bad, afraid that you would judge me or think of me as one of those young and inexperienced, too eager to conquer the world yet too clueless of life's realities that lies shortly ahead.

But the more I knew you, I learned how young you are at heart, how you sometimes like what we mere humans like, how you love to dance, how humble you are at admitting that you'd rather wash dishes than cook, and how you have a soft spot for your kids and for the many people that you care about.

It never dawned on me that someday we would still be talking and exchanging messages and reading each other's journals.  But after all that I've done and all that I've been through, you were one of those who remained supportive. You understood my choices and stood by me when others didn't.  I made many mistakes yet I never saw you pointing a finger at me.

So how can I forget?  How can I not be grateful to you for treating me the way you treat me?  How can I not be humbled that the person I look up to reads my blogs, makes my photo one of her favorites, sends encouraging and flattering comments on my Facebook page, and appreciates what I do as a woman, a worker and a mother.

I still look to you as a colleague and a leader--that will never change.  But now I also look to you as a good friend, an inspiration, a mentor, a great coach, a light at the end of a tunnel, a rainbow after a storm,  a dream come true! You are farther from us than you've ever been, yet you've never felt closer. And for this, I couldn't thank you enough.

Happy Birthday, Chichi!  My wish for you is that you'll find whatever it is you're seeking for. I think you may already have.  And that every single one of those things in your reveries be yours one of these days.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY and THANK YOU for being the wonderful person that you are!

Sincerely,
Liza

13 comments:

konsuy March 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

my dearest liza. the emotions that this blog brings spans more than the memories that the decade contains. i am so touched that i can't help reminiscing all those years and wondering where that girl you are talking about have gone. hehehe. ako kaha ni?
a big thank you for the beautiful emotions that is overflowing with gratitude right now. i would just like to confess right here right now that we had a secret fans club sa canteen under the tree sa ng khai. we would wait for you to come down and we would talk about how good you were dressed up. sexy, tall and beautiful. we would secretly check you out like you were our goddess. (sorry to disappoint but we were mabaw gyud, front ra to nako ang pagka mature. hehehe)
Liz, we have come a long way since then. My admiration for you goes beyond the clothes you wear now. Because honestly you are my definition of perfect. For one you are too smart to let failures to define you.
I am lucky to get to know the kind person that you are. You are a class act to follow. And today, you have just made me the happiest person knowing that someone thinks I'm wonderful. I have been reading this nth times because I love the emotions that it brings. I feel so loved (while i'm sobbing tears of joy). So this is how it feels to be ty-five. Ma emotional. I want to kiss you and hug you for everything. thank you dearest one.

Liza March 6, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

konsuy said...
So this is how it feels to be ty-five. Ma emotional. I want to kiss you and hug you for everything. thank you dearest one.


Oh, Chichi! I hope I didn't make you too emotional, but I am happy that you are happy! :-)

HAHAHA! Nakatawa ko sa "secret fans club"! But I too, am wondering where that girl you are talking about have gone. Hehehe. I'm still me I guess, but without the sexy body (but I'm working on that part, hehe). Pero tinuod gyud ni Chi--I have the biggest admiration for you. I have my own husband as my witness (you can ask him how many times I've nudged him that we go to NZ for our next vacation). I agree though that we've come a long way and sometimes I still cannot believe that we're friends, and I want you to know how happy I am that we are. Take care, Chichi and I hope magkita na ta ug balik soon.

Sending you cyber hugs and kisses back...

Aileen March 7, 2011 at 2:07 AM  

What a heartwarming, moving letter. I hope I am not intruding. And because I both of you, I can feel all the love that has been put into writing this. *nakahilak ko*

Chichi is one amazing human being. I look up to her, too. And I love her, always will. Happy birthday, Chi!

Hugs to you both! :)

Aileen March 7, 2011 at 2:07 AM  

What a heartwarming, moving letter. I hope I am not intruding. And because I both of you, I can feel all the love that has been put into writing this. *nakahilak ko*

Chichi is one amazing human being. I look up to her, too. And I love her, always will. Happy birthday, Chi!

Hugs to you both! :)

Aileen March 7, 2011 at 2:10 AM  

*And because I KNOW both of you...

Sorry for the mistake, my hands are too slow for my brain. :D

konsuy March 7, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

ai, you are the string that keeps all of us together. i am so glad you are friends with liza. thank you for always inspiring us to be better.

Liza March 7, 2011 at 11:35 PM  

Aileen March 7, 2011 2:07 AM
What a heartwarming, moving letter. I hope I am not intruding. And because I both of you, I can feel all the love that has been put into writing this. *nakahilak ko*

Chichi is one amazing human being. I look up to her, too. And I love her, always will. Happy birthday, Chi!

Hugs to you both! :)


Ai, you are not intruding! Not at all! In fact, I appreciate you leaving a comment and joining me in paying tribute to our dear friend.

I agree with Chichi--somehow you're like the string that holds us together. We take photos and we blog because we are inspired by you! So, thank you!

Mommy Blogs March 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM  

such a sweet letter! thank you liz, for sharing your memories with chichiroo. gave us a glimpse of how even more wonderful this woman is!!!

JoPiE March 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

CUZ, this is such a beautiful letter to CHICHI! i see a bigger, clearer picture of your relationship, your friendship. and this is a reinforcement of the many things i already see in CHICHI in her blog, in her facebook posts, in the way she writes about people. she truly is a beautiful person! i am so happy i got to know her too, through you, and Aileen, and Therese. what a wonderful circle of women i've come to know through the blog world!

kookooforcocopuffs March 20, 2011 at 6:22 AM  

what a beautiful letter to chichi...its so emotional and sincere;-) alot of people have been lucky to have been touched by chichi in this lifetime..she is like an angel who lives on earth;-)

Liza March 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

Mommy Blogs said...
such a sweet letter! thank you liz, for sharing your memories with chichiroo. gave us a glimpse of how even more wonderful this woman is!!!


Chichi is very thoughtful, Tiris! We are very lucky to have known her.

Liza March 20, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

JoPiE said...
... she truly is a beautiful person! i am so happy i got to know her too, through you, and Aileen, and Therese. what a wonderful circle of women i've come to know through the blog world!


Me too, Cuz! And I am so thankful to Chichi for introducing me to everyone I know here in the blog world, except you and Cindy whom I already know way back then, though she did re-introduce me to you! Makatawa lang gihapon ko every time I think about how this blogging all started! :-)

Liza March 20, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
what a beautiful letter to chichi...its so emotional and sincere;-) alot of people have been lucky to have been touched by chichi in this lifetime..she is like an angel who lives on earth;-)


I agree with you, Chel! She's like this force that keeps people here together. I owe Chichi my friendship with all of you. She introduced me to the blog world. She introduced me to you!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP