Friday, April 8, 2011

An Eventful Weekend

Pardon me for the overdue post. I was having such an eventful weekend, which I couldn't wait to blog about.  But before I knew it, it was all over, I got caught up with work and travels, and just when I'm ready to blog about it, we are approaching the weekend yet again.

We had a house guest--our pal and Lucas' godfather, Walter.  He came to the US on business and stayed with us for a few days.  Lucas is so fond of him and talks to him like they've known each other for so long.

We took "Ninong Walter" to dinner Friday night at this charming restaurant called Buckeye Roadhouse--one of our favorites in Marin.  We had to come for an early reservation because this place can get packed at dinner time.

Lucas was fairly well-behaved that night.  The crayons and coloring pad did the trick.

While waiting for dinner, I treated myself to a glass of Appletini.

We had fried calamari and baked oysters for starters.

There were too many good dinner choices in the menu.

Walter went for skirt steak, 

while Charles and I ordered the same thing--Braised Lamb Shank in a bed of couscous.  It was perfectly done.

Lucas got his own dinner too--Hotdog with fries.

He didn't finish the hotdog but ate almost all of the fries.


The following day, my sister and her family joined us for the weekend too.  Nathan and Lucas are always happy to see each other.  Lucas wouldn't go to sleep at all when Cousin Nathan is around and he is always in a good mood.

While Charles and my brother-in-law John went to see the Warriors win over the Mavericks live in Oakland, my friend Cindy and her family paid us a visit and joined us for dinner.  They drove 8 hours all the way from San Diego to the Bay Area.  It was wonderful to see Cindy and her girls again!  And it was nice seeing Cindy's husband Doy and meeting his parents for the first time.

Lucas calls her "Tita Cindy Gwapa!"

They got along pretty well--these kids.  Ate Emma didn't mind playing with Lucas' toys.  Ate Ella was more quiet and she preferred to hang out with the older ones.

Lucas remembers them very well.  Until now, when he sees this photo he'd yell "Tito Doy!  Ate Ella!"

Ate Ella is one sweet girl.  Pretty soon she's going to be a lady, and a very beautiful one I'm sure!

Nathan stole the show.  He was dancing to our chants and was loving the attention!

He also kept posing for me and Cindy, and would check out our photos after we took each one of them!

Ate Emma did the same--she danced with Nathan.  She is so much fun to play with!

A group shot before they left. 

It was fun having them around.  Cindy and I had very little time to catch up and share photo tips, but I did learn a lot.  Wish we had more time.  Maybe we'll pay them a visit in San Diego this summer--we'll see.

I love having house guests over.  It brings merriment to our humble place.  So I'm thankful to my sister who comes with her family whenever they can.  I miss them when they're not around.  I'm also grateful to Walter and Cindy's family for sharing some time with us and for adding fun to our weekend.  

In the next two months, our weekends have been planned out, but I am excited for each one of them.

9 comments:

Soul Deelight Photography April 8, 2011 at 3:45 AM  

awwwww... i love this entry so much. I love seeing you and cindy.. and the kids!!! oh my.... moments like this are such a blessing.

I wish you more beautiful days my friend :)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography April 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

thanks for having us again liz... i love the photos --- lisod ning nagbakasyon especially lami nga scenic views ang makit-an, wa mi kaayo family/people photo, LOL.

Until next family gathering/meeting, (will be expecting you this summer).

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography April 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

oh by the way, love the perfect temperature of the photos --- so like your artificial lighting liz, even out kaayo. did you use manual setting sa speedlite nimo liz (if you don't mind me asking)?

Liza April 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM  

Soul Deelight Photography said...
awwwww... i love this entry so much. I love seeing you and cindy.. and the kids!!! oh my.... moments like this are such a blessing.


Dee, it's wonderful to see friends again--especially those I don't see often. Someday, I hope to meet you!

Liza April 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

Cindy said...
oh by the way, love the perfect temperature of the photos --- so like your artificial lighting liz, even out kaayo. did you use manual setting sa speedlite nimo liz (if you don't mind me asking)?


Thank you again for visiting, Cinds! Hope we live closer.

I just used auto-settings sa external flash, Cinds! I haven't used manual settings yet--I don't know how, hehe. But positioning the flash helps so there is less shadows and the flash does not end up too bright and harsh.

kookooforcocopuffs April 9, 2011 at 3:53 AM  

It lovely to see youve had a fulhouse over the last few days..i love it when people visit me too..and i could see,your guests had a great time;-) and the kids looked like they had a great time;-) so did the adults;-)

Liza April 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
It lovely to see youve had a fulhouse over the last few days..i love it when people visit me too..and i could see,your guests had a great time;-) and the kids looked like they had a great time;-) so did the adults;-)


I, too love having people over, Chel--especially kung taga-atoa, hehe. Feels like we're home ra sad. Do you know a lot of Filipinos in your area?

konsuy April 10, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

cutee kaayo gihapon si walter. i hope he is not reading this blog. =) hehehe. but he always did have this baby face. mao siguro feel kaayo siya ni lucas.

nice to see family around you. i enjoy get togethers like this. kanang kaon katawa ug kodak kodak dayon. nice.

Liza April 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

konsuy said...
cutee kaayo gihapon si walter. i hope he is not reading this blog. =) hehehe. but he always did have this baby face. mao siguro feel kaayo siya ni lucas.


Hehehe, I don't think Walter reads my blogs so not to worry. Bitaw, mura'g wala cya natigulang. Maayo unta kita ana sad, hehe.

Lingaw gyud bitaw nang naa'y mubisita Chi. Talagsa ra baya naa'y taga-atoa muanhi. Next time I hope ikaw nasad mubisita diri. I would love that! :-)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP