Saturday, April 2, 2011

What's for Brunch?

I love breakfast food.  I can have breakfast food even for lunch or dinner and I'm a happy bee! To me, breakfast food is the ultimate comfort food.  Unfortunately, I can't have anything for breakfast on weekdays other than bread, bagels or oatmeal because there's just no time to prepare breakfast before work.

So on weekends, I look forward to making breakfast food for brunch.

Last week, I made omelette. This looked so colorful so I just had to take a photo.

The finished product. The photo reminds me of thin-crust pizza, which I miss by the way. Haven't had pizza in a while.

Also made some waffles and topped it with strawberries and banana.  It's perfect with some turkey bacon.

Charles wanted his waffles plain.  No syrup, no butter, no toppings.  Just plain waffle goodness.

These strawberries were super fresh and juicy!  They were just delivered from the farm that morning when Charles picked them up from the groceries.

This week, we opted for a less healthy breakfast--rice, eggs, corned beef and this sinfully delicious longanisa!  Have to feed that craving once in a while.

Of course, brunch won't be complete without some delicious, freshly brewed coffee.  Enjoy your meals this weekend, everyone! :-)

6 comments:

kookooforcocopuffs April 2, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

your home cooked photos of foods are just absolutely mouthwatering..now im really craving for all these;-)

lovely food photos Liz!!! kalami manoktok diha and maki-breakfast,haha;-)

Liza April 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM  

kookooforcocopuffs said...
...lovely food photos Liz!!! kalami manoktok diha and maki-breakfast,haha;-)


Chel, I do hope that one day, manoktok ka diri para mamahaw! Sus, kung duol pa lang ka you are more than welcome! :-)

konsuy April 3, 2011 at 6:28 PM  

lami-a man ani inyong brunch oi. pwede ta mag silinggan?

Mommy Blogs April 3, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

Lamia uy! I miss making brunch for the boys... can't wait to be on my feet pain free...

Liza April 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM  

konsuy said...
lami-a man ani inyong brunch oi. pwede ta mag silinggan?


Oh how I would love it kung mag-silingan ta, Chi! Sugot ko diri ka pirme kaon sa amoa. Hehehe.. Balhin na diri! :-)

Liza April 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM  

Mommy Blogs said...
Lamia uy! I miss making brunch for the boys... can't wait to be on my feet pain free...


Don't worry, Tiris! You'll have plenty of opportunities to make brunch for your boys. For now, just take it easy and get well. Take care!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP