Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nature's Way (Week 34)

***At 34 weeks (photo taken by Charles)***

I promised myself that I wouldn't make this blog a pregnancy journal, but that I would write about my journey once in a while and maybe more as I get closer to the end of it.

I am now in my 34th week and I am entering the last phase of my pregnancy. This is what I would probably consider the most uncomfortable phase because luckily my first trimester wasn't such a hard slog. My baby should now be over 12 inches long from crown to rump and weighs about 5.5 pounds. I've gained a total of 25 pounds myself and everything is just taking a toll on my body, making it weak and often exhausted. I feel that my body is working so hard to keep up. I am not sleeping well because it's getting harder to find a good sleeping position--my back hurts when I lay flat, and my hips, legs and the side of my rib cage hurt when I lay on my side. The baby's movements are also getting more intense that they start waking me up in the middle of the night. When I'm sitting down, my butt hurts after a while and when I'm standing, the muscles in my lower body get so sore from carrying this large bundle. In other words, it's really getting harder and harder to move around.

I think that all the discomforts of the last month is nature's way of preparing me and other moms-to-be for labor and delivery. If not for these, I still would have wanted to prolong this journey because the thought of giving birth itself terrified me. But now, I'm ready--in fact, I can't wait! And the baby's frequent and more apparent movements, as if trying to communicate, is making me more excited. I am so looking forward to meeting him soon!

6 comments:

konsuy April 20, 2009 at 4:19 AM  

i can feel your excitement. na apil pud ko ka excite. oh, my prayers go to you and charles jr. (charles sr pud). be well.

Liza April 20, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

thank you chi! really need those prayers =)

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography April 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

oh poor lisa.. indeed this is the natures way to prepare you not only for delivery liz --- it's motherhood

sleepless night - definitely a yes [let's be ready for the every 2-3hrs feeding time]

aches and pain - labor pains maybe? or post-partum pains? [it might run in your family having a good pain threshold, pareho kay lot2x nga nag-natural, no epidural... hats-off to your sis]

but nonetheless, you made it liz --- few more weeks to go, i know you can do this... i/we will be here for you, we'll be praying. hang in there certified soon-to-be-mama!!!

Lynette April 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

25 lbs - not bad! and wow!!! love the belly! must be really exciting! i didn't get that belly when I had allysa. lucky girl!

Liza April 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Hi Cinds! I don't know if I'm as brave and tolerant to pain as my sister. If you ask me what my birth plan is, it's the "all drug plan", hehe! Please pray for me!

Liza April 28, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Nette, they said the belly is more pointed and goes out in the front if it's a boy and more round and goes out to the sides if it's a girl. I don't know how true and why it would make a difference, but my co-worker is expecting a girl and she is gaining inches on the sides.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP