Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tagged

Six Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy

I've read similar entries from Chichi and Mai, and lately a friend of mine tagged me at Facebook. I am supposed to choose and write about six unimportant things that make me happy. It was actually quite a struggle choosing six because a lot of the things that came to my mind were arguably important. So these are the ones I consider less important--


Designer Shoes and Handbags.  One friend of mine calls me a "shopaholic" because when there is something I really like, I feel so uneasy until I get it. I don't think I'm even close to being a shopaholic. I just like collecting shoes and handbags, and most of the ones I like just happen to have brand names attached to them. I admit that they are so unimportant and believe me--I've been trying to stay away from them, but for some reasons they do make me happy.  And it's sad!

No-occasion Flowers or Gifts.  I like these better than gifts and flowers during special occasions, but in these times of crisis I think no-occasion gifts are simply impractical.

Movies and DVDs.  I used to collect DVDs. I'd buy the movies that I have already seen--and liked, so when I have some time I watch them again. In the past, I would buy DVDs at full price right after they come out. But lately I've been good--I wait until they go on sale and I haven't bought a lot lately.

Diamonds.  I love looking and staring at them--they just make me happy! Each time I go to the mall I would stop by jewelry stores to sneak a quick look at their diamonds. Whenever we go to Costco for groceries and household supplies, I would always stop by their Fine Jewelry area. Charles would sometimes ask, "why do you always look in there if you're not going to buy?" I don't know--I just like them!

Dining Out.  I love dining out, I enjoy exploring new places to eat, different cuisines, different kinds of drinks. Food is undoubtedly important, but if you are eager and willing enough, you can always make good food at home and spend less than half of what you would spend eating in restaurants. But then again, there is something about eating out that I find enticing and very enjoyable.

Sleeping In.  I still think this is important, but Charles said it isn't, so I'm including this here as the last item. The one thing I like most about weekends and holidays is the opportunity to sleep in. Almost always Charles would wake me up, otherwise I'll end up sleeping until noon. He thinks it's a waste of time, but I love it! It rejuvenates me!

8 comments:

Shutterfairy April 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Hahahah.. nalingaw ko sa imong list Liz.

JoPiE April 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

hi cuz! one of these days, i will ask to see your collection of shoes and bags (that is, if you don't mind, hehe). i saw a few pieces here and there, kanang times nga magkakita ta, and they are fabulous!

Lynette April 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

I love dining out too! I especially like trying out new places and different kinds of food. People tease me na the way to my heart is through my stomach. *giggle* And ITS TRUE!!

Liza April 15, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

Hehe, makalingaw Mai! I was surprised at how difficult it was to choose the six. There are other things I like that may be unimportant, but I'm denying it.

Liza April 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM  

Hi Cuz! Nyaiks! Maulaw man sad ta! It's not like it's a huge collection. Gamay lang :-)

Liza April 15, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I hear you Nette! I love food and places with good food! I love trying something new! :-)

konsuy April 18, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

i still believe that you were royalty in your past life. you do have very good taste for shoes and bags. (and i think this is so important). =)

konsuy April 18, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

love the shoes. the color and shape. =)

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP