Wednesday, April 15, 2009

She And Her Family


I don't know if it's just me and my hormones, or if I'm simply over-reacting, but this really annoyed me--

A friend of mine circulated a photo to about 20 of her closest family and friends through email. The photo showed my very happy-looking friend swarmed by her two lovely pet dogs.

My friend: A picture of me and our kids, Cindy and Parker...

My friend's brother replied (copying everyone): Two babies and their overweight mother!!! (followed by three LOL smileys)

My friend's sister replied (copying everyone): AR, it's not nice to make fun of other people's weight...Malaki si K kasi hinahabol niya si T! (If I'm not mistaken, T is another brother of theirs who is also big)

My friend: Looks who's talking...I'm not the one who the doctor said should lose weight!

I just really feel sorry for my friend because I know she's not happy when people make an issue about her weight gain. Also, she has been trying to lose weight although I personally believe she doesn't need to. What's worse is that the very people who's making this an issue is her own family. And maybe they were just joking or kidding around, but why copy everyone? I know she loves her family but I hope they realize that they are being very mean and unsupportive and I my friend doesn't deserve that!

9 comments:

Aileen April 16, 2009 at 1:12 AM  

that is what i don't get, liz -- why people make a big fuss about their (or other people's) weight.

haven't you noticed how people greet these days? instead of saying "hello, how are you," they'd say "nanambok lagi ka!" i get that all the time.

i so get you. i think it's mean to tease someone about her weight even if it is said in jest.

Aileen April 16, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

and oh, that is such a beautiful flower picture. =)

Shutterfairy April 16, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

I find it rude when people would comment on weight in public.. Walay manners .

Liza April 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Thank you Ai! I get inspiration from your stunning flower photos!

I do not get it either--why people make such a big issue about weight. The more important thing should be the person's health, and not how fat or skinny he/she is.

Liza April 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

I agree Mai! I hear it all the time and it's really annoying!

Lynette April 17, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

gwapaha sa flower uy.

and it's true - ngano man gyud ni mga tao? why do people focus so much on the physical?

sige na lang. it's a constant reminder never to follow their ways.

konsuy April 18, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

i'm glad we are friends. i most certainly not get those remarks from you. =)
buddha man ko. buot sila? hehehe

Liza April 18, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Hi Nette! Some people think that beauty is measured by their size. These people are sooo shallow!

Glad you like the photo. Thank you!

Liza April 18, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Hi Chi! Good to hear from you again! Bitaw uy, kinsa'y magbuot?! Kita ra gyud. If we want to gain or lose weight to feel better about ourselves, it's our call!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP