Thursday, July 16, 2009

Discovery Day

It was Lucas and Nathan's first encounter with animals, cartoon characters and rides.  I think they hardly recognized what they saw and experienced, but at times it did bring smiles to their little faces.



Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is situated in Vallejo, California--only 25 miles and about 30 minutes drive from where we live.  We pass by this place often but we've never gone in because I thought this place was all about thrill rides, which I'm not very fond of.  But lately we discovered that this place offers a lot more.  They have an animal safari, a butterfly conservatory, rides for people of all ages and other entertainment that the family can enjoy.  They even have concerts on some days.  To me the place is like Sea World--only a bit smaller.


One day isn't enough to explore this whole place.  So we are definitely going back.  Oh yeah--the kids sure had a lot of fun (see photo below).


It wasn't just a day of fun, but a day of discovery as well.  I can't wait for when Lucas and Nathan are a bit older, when they can appreciate theme parks like this and enjoy them more!

6 comments:

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography July 16, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

looks very fun liz...

now, we're excited for our annual summer get away trip next week...

by the way, the pics liz is very nice, colorful kaayo... the last one with the rainbow looks awesome =)

konsuy July 16, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

your world makes a colorful spin when you have kids. i agree.

photosandmemos July 16, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

Liz, i want to have kids now ASAP=) this confirms it even more=) all the fun, you moms and dads do because the children has to enjoy and see the world=)hahaha=) (wrong excuse to be a parent,i know,lol)..

amazing how you captured the rainbow like that=)

Liza July 17, 2009 at 12:02 AM  

Cindy said...

now, we're excited for our annual summer get away trip next week...

_____________

That's awesome Cinds! Where are you going man? Have fun and stay cool!!!

Liza July 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

konsuy said...

your world makes a colorful spin when you have kids. i agree.

_____________

That's true Chi! Hasta ang mga adults malingaw sad. I really enjoy Theme Parks!

Liza July 17, 2009 at 12:15 AM  

photosandmemos said...

Liz, i want to have kids now ASAP=)...
...amazing how you captured the rainbow like that=)

_____________

Wala pa diay ka kids Chel? They're so amazing!

I had a hard time capturing the rainbow. The first shots were so washed out--too bright. Then the hubby helped me with the right settings to capture the rainbow and its right colors. He reads a lot about photography and knows a lot of theory, but he doesn't shoot as much.

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP