Friday, July 17, 2009

Some Happy Thoughts



I met my former classmate--the one I referred to in this blog. Yes, she did show up and we had an interesting conversation. I have to say that I learned a lot that night--about the things that she does for work and fun, her travel experiences and tips on where to stay and what to do in some places that I too want to visit. I was also able to clear some things with her--things that were once speculations, things that she or I may have misinterpreted in the past. Well, we also did what couldn't be helped and that's gossip a little about other former classmates of ours. I hate to admit, but this was the most fun part of the conversation.

I left the meeting happy and I think we both gained a different intuition towards each other. And I am all the more convinced now that people can really change and some of them do.

*****

My Lucas laughed for the first time today. He normally lets loose a big smile whenever I kiss his neck, but this time he didn't just smile. He burst into a loud chuckle.

He also now interacts. When we talk to him he responds by either smiling or babbling.

*****

It's only been 7 weeks since I had Lucas, but I am now 3 pounds shy of hitting my pre-pregnancy weight! And that's without diet and exercise! My dietician set my target at 3 months, I over-achieved. To all new moms--breastfeed!!!

*****

I recently got me some new summer clothes at unbelievably great prices! This is the time when most stores put seasonal items on sale to get rid of them and replace their inventory with next-season ones. Well, maybe for retailers it's time to sell for the fall but I don't think this warm weather is fading out soon. I see myself wearing summer clothes 'til September.

*****

I would have missed out on a sale of my favorite jeans if the hub didn't tell me about it. I love it that he supports my inclination to shop. Or maybe he was trying to help me find a deal because he knew I would get those jeans eventually anyway [grin]. Well, unlike before I now shop in moderation and Charles understands our (women's) needs.

_____________

Photo: My Lucas at 7 weeks and 4 days.

12 comments:

Shutterfairy July 18, 2009 at 2:46 AM  

Lucas is so cute Liz.. I love that name.. LUCAS. My nephew's name is Lucas too.

Wow.. little nalang back to pre preg weight naka? that fast.. lucky you.

Life+Style by C. Dacua-Ellazar Photography July 18, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

this are indeed some happy thoughts liz...

good job on the weight lost... truly kung mag-breastfeed ka you loose fairly quickly just as what i noticed with friends too... i didn't go quick as you did though [siguro mg 9months].

dako-a na ni lucas liz uyyy... lami-a i-kiss uyyy, i can smell the baby scent just looking at the photo, LOL.

Aileen July 18, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

he is so adorable, liz! i can imagine the joy you felt when you heard him laugh! and it's so great that you were able to capture him laugh. oh, the joys of motherhood! =)

Liza July 18, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Mai.Mai said...

Wow.. little nalang back to pre preg weight naka? that fast.. lucky you.

_____________

It's all because of breastfeeding Mai. But I do have to start exercising and eating healthy na because my doc said that when I stop breastfeeding, i could gain the weight back if I don't keep a healthy routine.

Liza July 18, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Cindy said...

dako-a na ni lucas liz uyyy...

_____________

Lucas is feeding very well Cinds and he's getting big so fast.

Liza July 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Aileen Siroy said...
he is so adorable, liz! i can imagine the joy you felt when you heard him laugh! and it's so great that you were able to capture him laugh. oh, the joys of motherhood! =)

_____________

Thank you Ai! When it's your turn, I can see you holding the camera and aiming it at the little one any chance you get. It feels so great to be able to capture a happy moment!

photosandmemos July 19, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

Liz, this photo of Lucas is just so enviable=) he is gorgeous...i can almost hear the laughter in that photo=)

you are blessed, a gorgeous son, meet ups with old friends, new summer clothes,and a husband who is sensitive to your friends, what more could a woman ask for?=)

konsuy July 19, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

i'm glad your meeting with your former classmate turned out to be a good memory for both of you. i should learn from your forgiving nature.

i agree, breastfeeding gets you to your pre-pregnancy weight. ga basul gyud ko why i stopped breast feeding too early.

lucas is so adorable. kalami paakon. bantay lang ni si lucas when i see him, andam lang siya nga manggigil ko sa iyang paa. =)

Liza July 19, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

photosandmemos said...

Liz, this photo of Lucas is just so enviable=) he is gorgeous...i can almost hear the laughter in that photo=)

_____________

Chel, indeed God blessed me with a happy baby. He smiles a lot and seldom cries. They said babies' patterns change a lot--I hope Lucas won't.

Liza July 19, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

konsuy said...

lucas is so adorable. kalami paakon. bantay lang ni si lucas when i see him, andam lang siya nga manggigil ko sa iyang paa. =)

_____________

Anhi na diri Chi para magkita na mo ni Lucas! Basin mudaku na unya ni ma-shy unya, hehe!

Mommy Blogs July 26, 2009 at 1:31 AM  

cute kaayo imo baby!!! lami kaayo gitikon ni! but mas nilabaw akong kasuya nimo ha! 3 pounds shy na lang? lupigan man ko na mo 4 yrs old na lang si akio hahaha!!! bitaw liz, exercise gyud maayo while gamay na lang kuwang mas modako biya gyud after breastfeeding.

Liza July 27, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Mommy Blogs said...

...bitaw liz, exercise gyud maayo while gamay na lang kuwang mas modako biya gyud after breastfeeding.
_____________

Hi T! That's what I was told bitaw--mudaku kuno balik when we stop breastfeeding. Ako sad sister nidaku after breastfeeding. So pahimulos diay ta ani ron, hehehe!

Followers

Contributors

About This Blog

I got interested in photography when I met my husband. He loved photography since the 80's when he owned a Canon AE1 SLR camera. When we got married, we met a great photographer who inspired me even more. I started taking photos when my husband and I got our DSLR camera back in 2005. I never really shared my photos. But lately, I've been introduced to photoblogging and I saw it to be a great way of expression. My photos are amateur but I hope to learn more as I blog and connect with people.

Schmap.com San Francisco Guide

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP